Lots of planes getting grounded

I dunno. . .I suppose they'll be a press release tomorrow. . .or something.

All I know is a whole bunch of planes are grounded, flights canceled, a huge supply of excess flight crews, and Daddy Delta won't be happy with their major Atlanta based sub-contract lift provider.

Some (all? most? many?) of ASA's 200s are down for some kind of MX involving engines parts. The numbers I heard ranged from 55 to 85. No idea if any of those are factual or pilots just making WAGs.

Either way, sucks for ASA.

I thought I saw an unusual amount of people on reserve lately. But for the Month of March the average have been flying at least 50 hours or so. Some have around 90 hours.

You guys are all FOOLS if you believe any news of this magnitude when APRIL FOOLS DAY is tommorrow....talk about gullible....sheez.....

You guys are all FOOLS if you believe any news of this magnitude when APRIL FOOLS DAY is tommorrow....talk about gullible....sheez.....

So the -200 flow board is a huge April Fools joke huh?

You see all that magenta?

You're a FOOL Marcus.

Apparently Marcus is a big pimping CRJ-heavy driver and doesn't concern himself with the lowly 200 operations.

:laff:

Nevamind just found out its not a joke. What a coincidence it happened on April Fool's Eve.

I've flown the heavy CRJ, with BobDDuck even once I think.

We went down to Missasippy, at night. Mighta been an insignificant 200 though.

ASA Connection said:
The company has notified the MEC this afternoon that our maintenance leadership has discovered about 68 aircraft that missed mandatory engine inspections recently. As a result, the company has “self disclosed” to the FAA and subsequently grounded the 68 aircraft from service and will be ferrying these aircraft to the ATL hub to undergo these mandatory inspections. Monitor your email for more information from the MEC and the company. In response to this obvious scheduling nightmare, our scheduling committee is working hard with scheduling management to get most, if not all, pilots released as early as possible from their canceled schedules.

Back