Lots of lurkie, not talkie!

[ QUOTE ]
To hell with Stifler. They took Shannon Elizabeth out of this one....What were they thinking?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll second that! Good point!

Who here (that seen them) thinks those MTV2 ads with Talkin' Baby are as funny as they are disturbing?

TALKIN' BABY!!

You know, I've got a big beef with MTV.

99.999% of their shows are not music-related but now I'm supposed to petition my cable operator to bring in "M2" in order to bring back the videos.

Riiiiiight.

MTV is more or less like "The Food Network" showing old reruns of the "Rockford Files".

Ack, I think I'm showing my age!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MTV is more or less like "The Food Network" showing old reruns of the "Rockford Files"

[/ QUOTE ]
or like Sci-Fi stating that they want people other than sci-fi fans to watch their shows.

But MTV2 does more music so I generally watch that.

And hey I love Food Network.

Naunga

The dumb thing is M2 has been around since at least 1994-ish. Back before I left the nest we had one of the "real" satelite dishes (the 7', rotating behemoth that are commonly found in various states of disrepair throughout the great trailerparks of the U.S. - no we didn't live in a trailer - but we had the dish) ... anyway M2 was on one of the various satelites and it was really cool. All it played was music vids and a lot of stuff that has stil never made any of the radio stations.

Now all of a sudden MTV is pushing it like it's the next best drug because they've decided that "Music TV" should be "Real-World-Road-Rules-Summer-Beach-house-Punk'd-(it is funny tho)-Cartoons-and-aything-BUT-Music TV."

Doug's right .. MTV is screwy
grin.gif

"The Food Network" rocks. "On $40 a day" and "Good Eats" are pretty much the only shows on television that my wife and I will even consider turning the television on for.

I'd like to get MTV2, but I'd rather have "MuchMusic" a little annoying Canadian, but good!

Yep $40 a day is awesome. My wife and I just went to D.C. and hit a great place for Tapas that I saw on that show (place called Jaleo about a block from the MCI Center).

I love Good Eats, but I'm hooked on Iron Chef. That show kicks ass.

Naunga

Damnit, Tenney, that was MY secret! Now you've gone and ruined it! LoL

I watch TS pretty regularly.

I watch it because I like the "construction projects."*

*Paige Davis

"All we are is dust in the wind"

WHAT A GREAT MOVIE! Old School is a top 5. Any American Pie is Top 10. I love some Will Ferrill flicks.

[ QUOTE ]
99.999% of their shows are not music-related

[/ QUOTE ]
How funny that you guys brought up MTV as I will soon be in an episode of one of their shows. We just finished filming an episode of a show called "high school life" or "high school years," can't remember. Anyway, somehow the MTV people in NY found out about our little "cheating scandal" that occurred two years ago when I was a sophomore. Basically we started a forum (kinda like this one) and of the 60 or so honors sophomore students we would rotate on who would do assignments. Then those assignments were posted completed and everyone else copied. Eventually it got too big to keep on the down low and someone squealed. The scandal itself involves how the school handled the situation, which eventually led to our principle stepping down. Don't know if anyone in Phoenix area remembers but it was on the news and talk radio for a while. Anyway, so about a month ago MTV got wind of it somehow and flew a film crew and interviewer out here to make an episode out of the story. It airs sometime in October if anyone is interested.

CMT is by far the best music channel, they always seem to have music on.

[ QUOTE ]
Basically we started a forum (kinda like this one) and of the 60 or so honors sophomore students we would rotate on who would do assignments. Then those assignments were posted completed and everyone else copied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genius!

I used to sell my homework at school - it used to pay for my lunch. It was actually a very good business!

Something like that was tried at my school a while back. Teachers dealt with the problem by requiring most hw to be hand written.

[ QUOTE ]
CMT is by far the best music channel,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except that they play country!
wink.gif

(Sorry, I had to....)
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How funny that you guys brought up MTV as I will soon be in an episode of one of their shows.

[/ QUOTE ]

My cousin was featured in an episode of FM Nation; the city was Boulder, CO. Don't think it's still on any more.

[ QUOTE ]
Something like that was tried at my school a while back. Teachers dealt with the problem by requiring most hw to be hand written.

[/ QUOTE ]

My business plan called for the kids to copy my homework that way I would never be caught with lots of copies, have problems with names, and could easily deny the extent of the project. All coping was supervised (they could not take my work) and if it was reading, they could get a breif.

I really had no problems at the school end with it. I told my dad about my business success and he was concerned about me getting expelled, and considering I was on an accelerated program convinced me it was not worth it.

Back