Looking for some Advice and Guidance

[ QUOTE ]
Tony, I believe his question was; what is a good degree to have as a fallback, should aviation not pan out.

In that case there IS a reason to go for a certain type of degree.

I suggest business or technical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if that is what he wants to do for a living. Those degrees are great for getting you into a particular type of job. But they are not so good if you don't want to do that job. I mean, why get an engineering degree if you don't want to do that?

Unless you are talking about a field that requires a specific degree, such as accounting, engineering, or something like that, there are plenty of jobs out there that don't require a specific degree.

That's why I say don't worry about what degree you earn unless you are interested in a very specific field. If you're not, then any degree will do.

My degree says psychology on it. And I've used it exactly zero times for that purpose!

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are talking about a field that requires a specific degree, such as accounting, engineering, or something like that, there are plenty of jobs out there that don't require a specific degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats what I meant. I agree that college degrees only look good on paper. Even as an engineer I hardly used my Math degree much.

I'm not a big fan of college anymore.

Hey.. he can always get a Political Science degree.... there is SO much he could do!!! He can be a Paralegal, and...............

....scratch that.

Go with the bidness and `neerin' degrees. Them'll do ya MUCH more good.
wink.gif

R2F

Thank you everybody for all your comments. You guys have helped me out and at the same time made my decision harder by raising great insight.

Thank you
Matt

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah thats what I meant. I agree that college degrees only look good on paper. Even as an engineer I hardly used my Math degree much.

I'm not a big fan of college anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know anyone's that a big fan of college - but it's one of those things you have to do to get ahead in life or at least stay one step ahead of everyone else whose following your wake!!

If you do eng. degree - keep in mind that the civil field doesn't really "pay out" like everyone thinks it does & even having your PE doesn't mean you'll get paid more than the average CADD technician (truth be known!!)!

i'd go business cuz then you have a wealth of options and a ton of different types of experience to go with... but if i could do it again, i'd probably go that route vs engineering...but that's just me
smirk.gif

Back