Looking for flying job this summer..

FlySooner9

Hey guys, im looking for any kind of flying or airport job for this summer. I will have my CFI by mid April. Im looking in and around the cities of: Houston, Oklahoma City, Chicago, Denver, Central New Jersey, Albany NY, Orlando. The reason for these places is that i have family that lives in all the above so i would have free room and board. Let me know if anyone knows of anything. Thanks!

So I'm guessing that OU isn't hiring instructors then?

As for Orlando you could check out Air Orlando at KORL. Not sure about the hiring status but it is a good school.

OU currently has a hiring pool. Think we've only hired 2 new instructors in the last year. No flow through rate at all at the moment.

bump.. i've pretty much given up hope for any flying job, so im mainly looking for an FBO ramp job or airline ramp job in any of the above cities.

Well, keep your eyes open and ask around, especially people who you know.

Now, line work is pretty good. Especially for networking.

Hey guys, im looking for any kind of flying or airport job for this summer. I will have my CFI by mid April. Im looking in and around the cities of: Houston, Oklahoma City, Chicago, Denver, Central New Jersey, Albany NY, Orlando. The reason for these places is that i have family that lives in all the above so i would have free room and board. Let me know if anyone knows of anything. Thanks!

Maybe call up any local airports around with skydiving gigs?
It's what I plan on doing.

Do you have any kind of inclination to do mx shop work? I had a pretty good gig doing that a few summers ago. It's possible to work as a non A&P at a lot of places. Sure, you might sometimes get stuck with the crap jobs, but hey, it's a paycheck.

Back