Looking for Corporate entry level Jet Job

Robbiett2

I have near 4100 tt with near 1300 of that multi high performance time but all have been piston. I have almost 1100 cross country time and I also have my ATP Written as of Oct 2012. I meet all ATP and PART 135 mins. I am currently still employed but Would like to move up to King Air or a entry level Jet Job if I can just break into the world of corporate flying. I do have a piston 135 offer but I would like to expand my horizon. I have applied to many positions with no avail due to lack of or better yet zero turbine or jet time. I figured I would post here to at least get some kind of notice. Yes I have applied to all the entry level jobs along with the other piles of applicants.

You will almost certainly not get a corporate gig, your chances of going jet charter are much greater. Get a bizjetjobs account and get the resume out there, although a lack of turbine time will hurt you.

The insurance companies are getting very finicky about "required" jet time before they approve you on the policy. I've seen experienced airline pilots (flying turboprops) get turned down to fly a citation just because they don't have jet time. Stupid in my opinion, but it is what it is. I'll echo Inverted in that you should try to get on with jet charter, or maybe sell your sole to the airlines for a few years.

The insurance companies are getting very finicky about "required" jet time before they approve you on the policy. I've seen experienced airline pilots (flying turboprops) get turned down to fly a citation just because they don't have jet time. Stupid in my opinion, but it is what it is. I'll echo Inverted in that you should try to get on with jet charter, or maybe sell your sole to the airlines for a few years.
Need to get a different insurance broker.

I got on with a corporate operator with about 1800 TT, maybe 75 ME. I had a bunch of XC and IFR time, but no turbine. I think my case was atypical, but a corporate job can be had without previous turbine time. There are hundreds of small 91 departments.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Back