Looking for CFI position.

Keatts

Hi, I'm located in S. Florida, but I am able to pretty much go anywhere. I'm looking for a CFI postion that gets me 60-70 hours a month. Know of anyone who is looking?

thanks

b.

I am.

Oh you mean to hire!

..Sorry..... baaaaad joke
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for a CFI postion that gets me 60-70 hours a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and 5000 other CFIs!!
wink.gif

I'm looking for a CFI job too....

50-80 hrs/month of multi time with highly motivated students only that have plenty of $ to go through all their training without stopping.

Additionally I would like full medical and dental coverage and two days off a week.
grin.gif

It took me about three months and probably around 100 resumes to find a flight instructor job. Finally, I accepted that I wouldn't find a job in the midwest and I just moved back to the place where I got my training and accepted a part time job there. Keep checking at the places where you did your training. Those will be your best leads.

Ditto, Baronman. Me too. A company car (2003 model of course), charter work, and some turbine time would be desirable as well.

Sorry ScubaBri for the smart-ass answer...We're generally nice people on this board, but...the fact of the matter is that it's tough finding any good job in aviation right now. If you can find a CFI job that will offer you some students, be happy with that to start!!

Yah know.. I look at it this way. I am happy to help people anyway I can. I spend a lot of time networking, sending resumes out, reading the message boards, talking to people. I come across a lot of positions, most of which I am either unqualified for or unable to take for one reason or another.

It seems to me the less "smart ass" answers and the more cooperation between people, might help everyone out.

You know the old saying, "what goes around, comes around"
wink.gif

b

Hey Scuba-bri, I think you may be misinterpreting what people intend with their messages. JetCareers is certainly a friendly bunch and everyone is happy to help out everyone else (as far as I can tell in the last year I've been around). If they knew of anything at all I'm sure they'd hook you up... they'd post with all opportunities (and do... see past posts and the "job opportunities" section). The responses here are more "tongue in cheek" rather than trying to be smart ass and make you feel bad. So, in summary, we're all friends here. Kum ba ya. We are the world. Can you feel the love tonight. No bad feelings.

Go to beapilot.com...check under flight schools and you will get a listing of many flight schools by state with website...search around for a while and you will find jobs available postings on their website...

Thanks, I saw that and I sent them off a resume. So we'll see what happens. Things are just really really... did I say really? slow here in Florida

b

No worries, I'm sure everyone here is really nice and would help out as much as they could, but after a while, it gets pretty discouraging only hearing negative responses. I hope that these people just haven't given up hope and need company in their misery
smile.gif

b

I walked my resume into that place, and was told that they weren't hiring. I think their website is a little dated.

The aforementioned beapilot.com route is what I primarily used before being offered a job at my training school. It seemed to give me a lot of leads, though in looking back, no one responded.

Back