Looking for anything in Oklahoma City

avi8tor1983

I'm looking for any flying job I can get in the oklahoma city area. I'm a CFI, CFII and MEI with 800 hours. 450 dual given. I will be a 2 year CFI in may. I'm not really wanting to instruct I would rather find a real job. If anyone knows of anything I would appriciate the info. Thanks

I'm looking for any flying job I can get in the oklahoma city area. I'm a CFI, CFII and MEI with 800 hours. 450 dual given. I will be a 2 year CFI in may. I'm not really wanting to instruct I would rather find a real job. If anyone knows of anything I would appriciate the info. Thanks

For those of us that have in the past and currently CFI as a "REAL JOB" this is an insult. You will NOT find a "REAL JOB" with that kind of attitude. Ive had your so called "REAL JOB"- ExpressJet Furloughed 134/145 Pilot and I can tell you, some of the greatest experiences ive had was as a CFI with my students. You learn so much from your students and vice versa. Apparentally you have LOTS to learn still.... you havent been a CFI long enough. Lots of us have well over 1500-2000hrs Dual given, and LOVE our "REAL JOBS" still, as frustrating as they can be (students) at times, you are forever impacting someone elses life. You should enjoy that expereince and help as much as you can to make it a great experience for them. In this industry, in the economic state that we are in, you should be thankful for ANY job you have with the word "flying" in it, regardless of how much or how little you fly. If anyone reads this, and does not want to hire the above person... please send me a PM, I have a waiting list of furloughed, WELL QUALIFIED pilots that are willing to do ANY job, CFI, PIPLINE, TRAFFIC, etc etc, .. its a job, and in this state of the economy... an attitude of "where is my job on my silver platter" is not that way to go. You should be thankfull to have one at all. (if you do)

Enjoy.

B.C.

I will tell you your attitude is a little off the wall at the least. I said a real job because I want to fly. I am furloughed from TSA thank you very much and my apologies for wanting to FLY the airplane. I love my job and the reason for the move would be because i'm getting married. I'm tired of pilots like you who put yourself up above all else because you have 1200 hours dual given. I refer to a real job because salery is a big issue. Getting paid by the flight hour can really hurt you. The WX is to bad. The student no shows. Cancelations. You try living on the salary of a CFI being divorced with one kid and getting married again next year. Maybe you should of PM'd me and asked why I would post looking for a "Real Job" instead of just going off on it. My def of a "Real Job"=Slalery. You have a problem with it get over it. I'm a senior instructor and stage check airman for a university flight school. I love my job. I just need to move. So I will take that apology for the personal bashing now. Thank you
:rawk:

Sorry - B.C. not to rain on your parade here - but:

Someone who does not consider 450 hours of dual given in 19 months a "real job" is not so far off from reality.
19 months for an average of 23.68 hours per month?
At the current rate of $20-30/ hour (lucky) I would be looking for a real job too. 25 hours a month looks more like a hobby to me than a job.

Actually, I'm looking for a REAL job too. Making 400-800 bucks a month doesn't pay the bills. I might have to look outside the aviation industry.

Well other than the rant out there dose anyone know of any jobs in the oklahoma city area? I know the industry is down and finding something out there right now is tough. Thanks for any input

I would recommend hanging around PWA. Get to know some people. I met several contacts as a line guy for Trajen (Atlantic). I moved to FL because there are more opportunities here. I'm also a furloughed Waterskiier. I'm not going back to that hell hole when they call though. My instructing job here pays twice the salary as TSA FO and I get weekends off.

Where are you instructing at? How are your flight hours? I already called TSA and sent my letter of resignation. I don't want to go back to that place. Its hard to hang around PWA when i'm not really close haha. Plus my low hours (low meaning below IFR 135 mins) But i'm really close. Probibly a couple more months.

Where are you instructing at? How are your flight hours? I already called TSA and sent my letter of resignation. I don't want to go back to that place. Its hard to hang around PWA when i'm not really close haha. Plus my low hours (low meaning below IFR 135 mins) But i'm really close. Probibly a couple more months.

I instruct at FlightSafety in Vero Beach. I'm really close to 1400TT and about 500 Multi. I love it here. One thing I have learned is that you have to expand your horizon outside of Oklahoma. There is next to nothing there. I was in Feb class at TSA. How about you?

I was in the march class. I have a couple buddies that were in the feb. class. you might know them. I have exausted everything here pretty much but I don't want to move out of oklahoma because my son is here.

I was in the march class. I have a couple buddies that were in the feb. class. you might know them. I have exausted everything here pretty much but I don't want to move out of oklahoma because my son is here.

I don't have to tell you that your son is first priority. That's tough my friend. Have you checked out AirOne at PWA? or Oklahoma Aviation. I know they are just instructing jobs. How about a jump pilot? Chickasha and Cushing do skydiving. Sometimes there is a need for glider towers in Hinton. These jobs may not even cover the bills you have to pay, but its something. Best of luck to you.

WB

Yeah it is hard living where the FAA dose haha. Well I worked for AirOne for a very short amount of time. Its a horrible operation, the owner dose a lot of things that I disagree with and so would the FAA. As for Oklahoma Aviation. I interviewed with them when I was fresh out of CFI school. They chose the other guy who had 200 hours duel given. I'm worried about the student flow down there. With the time I have now i'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to get on. I have talked to the guy in cushing and flown with him once. He said I would be great for the job and then wouldn't return my calls. Not sure what that was all about. What about the glider towing in Hinton? It would be nice to do something besides instruct even for just a weekend. If it paid my gas i'd do it. Thanks for all the help. If i see anything open i'll let ya know

Back