Looking for any opportunity

valcan222

Hi everyone, so I'm currently training for the CFI, but I'm still looking for a job, something that brings in some money as I'm afraid my funds are running low. I'm currently setting on 320TT and willing to take any job I can find! Provided they have good maintenance on there aircraft! I'm willing to relocate and just figured I would put this post up a and see if anyone had any leads!

Thanks guys and gals!
Brian Bannon

Hi everyone, so I'm currently training for the CFI, but I'm still looking for a job, something that brings in some money as I'm afraid my funds are running low. I'm currently setting on 320TT and willing to take any job I can find! Provided they have good maintenance on there aircraft! I'm willing to relocate and just figured I would put this post up a and see if anyone had any leads!

Thanks guys and gals!
Brian Bannon
My suggestion would be to keep working on that CFI and get a decent paying non-aviation job while doing so. There are some bar tending/serving jobs out there that pay very well depending on where you are and that kind of work put me through my own flight training. Once you get the CFI, there are plenty of instructing jobs out there right now and just as long as you get it sooner rather than later, you should have no trouble getting one-especially since you're able to re-locate.

Thanks guys and gals!
Brian Bannon
Once you get that CFI, shoot me your resume and I can pass your resume along to HR at the school I instruct at. We're a large 141 school out of DVT and you'll get hours quick. Our planes are flying non-stop and look it, but our maintenance is top-notch.

Thank Ryan110175 I'm only weeks away from the check ride thank you so much for your reply!! I greatly appreciate it!

Brian,
Feel free to attach a resume to a PM to me as well. We do everything from Pvt - ATP with our aircraft. Looking to add another CFI.
Matt.

Sierra Academy was doing it. I've read mixed reviews about the place.
They no longer are doing it due to the amount of CFI's they have that are les then two years and the demand they have for other instruction. I talked to them back in August for another job position they had listed and asked about it.

They no longer are doing it due to the amount of CFI's they have that are les then two years and the demand they have for other instruction. I talked to them back in August for another job position they had listed and asked about it.

I feel like I've seen a few similar deals.

Or just go get a line-guy/restaurant/bar-tending job to get cash to fund your CFI.

From the careers section of transpacacademy.com:

Certified Flight Instructor
Class Date: December 8th, 2014

TransPac Aviation Academy, Phoenix, AZ is currently hiring Full-Time Salaried Certified Flight Instructors
Salary: $28,000.00 - $40,000.00

$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
For first 25 CFIs hired for 12/08/2014. Call for details.

Invest your sign-on bonus in:

1. A BOSE A20 AVIATION HEADSET
  2. An iPAD AIR 2, 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular
  3. MOVING EXPENSES
  4. RENT
FREE CFII
Don't have your CFII? No problem, we'll help you get your CFII for FREE!

AIRLINE PATHWAY PROGRAMS
  • Envoy CFI Pipeline Program.
  • SkyWest Airlines Cadet Program.
  • ExpressJet Airlines AP3 Program.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
  • CFI
  • iPad required
RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for conducting flight, ground, and simulator training under FAR Parts 141 and 61.

BENEFITS
  • Salaried Position
  • Medical / Dental / Vision
  • 401k & Profit Sharing
  • ForeFlight Pro App
Ask about our housing assistance to make your move seamless.

SCHEDULE
  • Duty day and rest period policies
  • Consistent Schedule
  • Two consecutive days off a week

I looked @ www.transpacacademy.com and they are hiring Dispatchers also. You should apply.

Also Check out USAA, FlightSaftey, ATP and see if they are hiring for non-CFI positions. While working, use employee discount on aircraft rental to earn your CFI.

A&P apprenticeship jobs are out there as well. Get good with a CFI that has had cert for 2yrs or more and get it done. Remember dont wait to long, your still fresh. 90% of CFI-A or any initial CFI training is self study! So get sharper now @valcan222

Back