Looking at ATP at GKY-advice please!

Coopers is the Bombdiggity! The most tender and tasty briscuit I've ever had.

That... and Llano had one of the coolest airport cars (old city police car)... we used to call it the Blues Mobile. It always got us to Coopers in record time. :)

Bob

They've still got it, I think.

GKY has a long walk to the ramp. Maintenance on site is nice for those planes that just don't want to fly. Lots of fun stuff to do near by. My XC partner and I regret not getting over to six flags. GKY has a good size fleet which I cant say about many ATP locations Ive visited.

IF your looking for a flight school that will treat you like your a Military PVT go to GKY! The program is great, some of the people that work there no so much! I did my training at GKY and should have went to Jasper Al. You will see on your cross country phase wich locations are the better ones. One thing I will say about GKY, I hated that is was run like the Military and the instructors were always scarred they were going to loose their jobs over anything. The apartments were dirty and damaged and I was treated like so what thats were your staying. You pay 250.00 per week to stay there. Thats right, 1K per month with 4 men in a 2 bed room apartment. Good luck, stick with your FBO! Save your money, NO JOBS now anyway!:nana2:

I forgot to mention, dont try and go out with your instructors, you will be looked down on like your not good enough. Just a heads up. Those as GKY know who I'm talking about. :nana2:

Some suggestions to improve the readability of your posts:

IF your (you're) looking for a flight school that will treat you like your (you're) a Military PVT go to GKY! The program is great, some of the people that work there no (not) so much! I did my training at GKY and should have went to Jasper Al. You will see on your cross country phase wich (which) locations are the better ones. One thing I will say about GKY, I hated that is (it) was run like the Military and (that) the instructors were always scarred (scared) they were going to loose (lose) their jobs over anything. The apartments were dirty and damaged and I was treated like "so what, thats (that's) were (where) your (you're) staying." You pay 250.00 per week to stay there. Thats right, 1K per month with 4 men in a 2 bed room apartment. Good luck, stick with your FBO! Save your money, NO JOBS now anyway!:nana2:

I forgot to mention, dont (don't) try and go out with your instructors, you will be looked down on like your (you're) not good enough. Just a heads up. Those as (at) GKY know who I'm talking about. :nana2:

Really, I'm not trying to bust your chops so much as to stress that the only impression that people get of you here is how you present yourself through your posts. Remember that there is a good chance that someone here can help your career somewhere down the road, so it's wise to always put your best foot forward.

[ /grammar police hat ]

Sure, on the ground or in ther air? I have a 2009 Z06 Corvette for the ground. In the air, the King Air will only get around 300 KIAS at 240. Let me know either way.!:sarcasm:

Sure, on the ground or in ther air? I have a 2009 Z06 Corvette for the ground. In the air, the King Air will only get around 300 KIAS at 240. Let me know either way.!:sarcasm:

Let's see...2004 Honda Civic, or 2008 Lear 40XR.

I'll take "Air" for 1,000 Alex. :D

Steve C, you win!!! :banghead:

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it about winning. Just wanted to lighten my vibe a little bit with you. Actually you win on car coolness factor; and on the plane side I don't own what I fly so you get bonus points there as well.

*sticks out right hand*

:pirate:

Curious...You're a CFI and yet own a '07 King Air and an '09 Corvette. How'd that happen?

Inquiring minds and all, you know.... ;)

I'm guessing he was already wealthy and wanted to get all of his certificates for personal accompolishment.

My family owns a large Bail Bond company. I needed the Multi time for insurance reasons. That was the only reason for me attending the flight school. NO, I'm not using my CFI to make a living, if I did, I would starve these days!!!:sarcasm:

Good luck to you at GKY. I did the 4-day multi program in 2007 and had a great experience. Study the material they send you...go prepared...and you will be successful.

I got my PPL in high school...worked for 22 years as an aeronautical engineer...decided I had "wasted" my life...LOL...and started flying again in 2003...earning my commercial and instrument. Long story short...I am a 46 year-old woman and got my first flying job last year as a production test pilot for aircraft manufacturer in Kansas. I'll let you guess which one.

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!!

Back