logbook pro, logten pro, etc

jeffkazoo

I've been thinking of switching to one of these logbooks. I was wondering what you guys do about the Instructors signature when you've received dual. Do you just leave it blank or type in their name somewhere? Also, I went to a large flight school and occasionally had an instructor sub for a lesson or two. It has been a few years and I hate to say it but have forgotten some of their names and their signature is unreadable. What should I (would you) do in that situation?

Thanks!

I use LogTen Pro but I've been a Mac guy since whenever.

As far as your dual received, do not throw away the old log books. I keep both my paper and my e-log updated.

You must have a signature for each dual lesson. Electronic logbooks are great, but keep paper records of everything as well.

Nice thing with the electronic logbooks is the analyzer. Really helps on applications when they start asking for specific times from the last 90 days, last 6 months, etc.

I keep a paper logbook for instructor signatures, when I feel like getting instructor signatures. I'ts been awhile, though. Now, they get to sign my little black book, and when the book fills up, I take out the relevant pages and staple 'em to the paper logbook. Works much easier that way.

BTW, Logbook Pro support is awesome, hands down. One of their many free upgrades managed to not install properly on my system. A few email exchanges later, my logbook was back up to speed, better than ever.

Thanks for the advice. I do still keep a paper logbook and plan to do both after switching. So when you guys log dual, do you type in your instructors name as well or just keep that in your separate paper logbook?

Logbook Pro + Airline Pilot's Daily Logbook= One of the best investments you can make in your aviation career.

Back