Logbook Help

Dj To Rule

Ok so now I will need to keep track of two logbooks. One JAA and one FAA. I initially got my training in the U.S. and now I'm almost about to get my ATPL Frozen from JAA (after a few quick checkrides)

Anybody else out there that keep track of both, any tips?
Some hangups:

1. The logbooks are absolutley different. I believe there may be some differences in how the flight logs are kept, anybody know of these?

2. IPC, or keeping IFR current for FAA and JAA? (Any advice? Do I need to get FAA check seperately?)

And last but not least, correction in logbook:

PIC time was not logged at UND, however if I'm not mistaken, according FAR §61.51(e) I should be able to log PIC during the hours of dual recieved, given I had ppl or cpl license, rated for that aircraft, and was the sole manipulator of controls. 100hrs PIC is required here to obtain this certificate, and I meet that given I log those times. Would it be an issue to go back and make this correction?

I also realized my instructor had made a mistake totalling times on one page, which ended up showing 10 hours was missing of what I actually had. This obviously snowballed a couple pages and since the CAA here wanted me to ink :mad: the totals that were in pencil I'm kind of frustrated and hesitate skribbling thru the remaining pages. Any advice? (They blatantly use white out here since logs are white, but I don't think that's a good idea on FAA log)

PIC time was not logged at UND, however if I'm not mistaken, according FAR §61.51(e) I should be able to log PIC during the hours of dual recieved, given I had ppl or cpl license, rated for that aircraft, and was the sole manipulator of controls. 100hrs PIC is required here to obtain this certificate, and I meet that given I log those times. Would it be an issue to go back and make this correction?

It shouldn't be a problem to log the time you're entitled to IAW 61.51.

Back