Location before the PEPC?

teetee

I often read on here about people attending the PEPC and then being told where they are going. I was wondering if my husband was in a weird position. His initial offer told him where he was going, SLC ARTCC Enroute. After being told he was asked if he preferred the PEPC or local interview. Do most people on here know where they are going or are you being surprised at the PEPC?

I knew that I was getting a terminal position in OK, but I didn't find out my actual facility until I got to the PEPC.

I often read on here about people attending the PEPC and then being told where they are going. I was wondering if my husband was in a weird position. His initial offer told him where he was going, SLC ARTCC Enroute. After being told he was asked if he preferred the PEPC or local interview. Do most people on here know where they are going or are you being surprised at the PEPC?

no state has two centers, so i think it would be a little silly to tell people they were going to a center position somewhere in the state of ________.

so yes, center people get their facility, as it is none-too-hard to figure out. us terminal folks get to wait for the surprise :whatever: (which i personally think is stupid).

no state has two centers, so i think it would be a little silly to tell people they were going to a center position somewhere in the state of ________.

so yes, center people get their facility, as it is none-too-hard to figure out. us terminal folks get to wait for the surprise :whatever: (which i personally think is stupid).

That is not true...TEXAS has two centers...Fort Worth and Houston.

alright i shut my mouf :laff:

but regardless, only center people found out. nobody from terminal got a facility prior to PEPC

I got to pick from three and I chose D01. It's okay, you don't have to put your foot in your mouth.

they treat you VRAs a little better :hiya:

I applied on the both VRA and the CTO announcements. I was hired off the CTO and I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I wanted to go the center route, but TRACON works too. I'm ready to branch out from tower, see what else is out there. Maybe they will let me go back to tower further down the road. Either way I will be happy.

I applied on the both VRA and the CTO announcements. I was hired off the CTO and I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I wanted to go the center route, but TRACON works too. I'm ready to branch out from tower, see what else is out there. Maybe they will let me go back to tower further down the road. Either way I will be happy.

my only experience with tower was the 4 or 5 tower sim classes i took in CTI. i don't want to say that i never got the hang of it, because i did better than most, but i guess i never saw the fun in it? all of your IFRs are already sequenced and all you have to worry about are a few pesky VFRs and spacing your takeoffs and applying wake turbulence rules for departures.

after working in a center, i don't really see the fun in that either, apart from a few sectors that do a lot of ground service. really, the only thing so far i've been passionate about is the coordination and teamwork that goes into working TRACON radar stuff. You effectively run the show as both tower and center are depending on you and there's just so much finesse and thinking on your feet. i love it.

my only experience with tower was the 4 or 5 tower sim classes i took in CTI. i don't want to say that i never got the hang of it, because i did better than most, but i guess i never saw the fun in it? all of your IFRs are already sequenced and all you have to worry about are a few pesky VFRs and spacing your takeoffs and applying wake turbulence rules for departures.

after working in a center, i don't really see the fun in that either, apart from a few sectors that do a lot of ground service. really, the only thing so far i've been passionate about is the coordination and teamwork that goes into working TRACON radar stuff. You effectively run the show as both tower and center are depending on you and there's just so much finesse and thinking on your feet. i love it.
That's where I'm hoping to end up. I want to spend 4-5 years at SEA then transfer to the other side of the airport to the TRACON.

but regardless, only center people found out. nobody from terminal got a facility prior to PEPC

You are incorrect again :D , I knew about a month before my PEPC where I was slated for. Could be because I am an 07 app and I was given a choice between two airports in CA.

im terminal and knew where i was going within days after the hiring panel met.

Back