living in ft. pierce

I live about 20-25 minutes south of the airport. (15 if there is no traffic) I have a one bedroom, but there are studio apartments here that go for $375 a month. Pretty quiet place, but I think I would like to live a little closer to the airport. They are Pan Am friendly here, a couple of other guys lived here too. Send me a private message if you want to know more.

The Turk.

You usually find cheap rent on the North and South Islands if you want to have a roommate. If you don't know anyone you can try the dorms for a month to get to know someone. Personally, I would look for a roommate, because its cheaper and you can help each other. If you want to live by yourself look in Vero Beach, Ft. Pierce, Port St. Lucie online for apartments. Feel free to msg me. I know so okay apartments and which ones you don't want to look at to save some time.

Bring your gun.
pic_handgun_explodedview.gif

Great...that's real nice... bash Fort Pierce too, your good at that. If I go up to Vero I'll be sure to carry my Toy Poodle around with me everywhere I go, while James drives the Rolls.

Fort Pierce is great, just stay away from 25th street.

Dude....come on. Fort Pierce is a great place to live? Are you really saying that?

In 2001 (the last year I have stats for VB) there were 397 felony arrests and 888 misdemeanor arrests.

In FPR in 2001, there were 14 homocides alone! 63 sexual batteries, 281 robberies 512 aggravated assaults, 1022 Burglaries, 2024 Larcenies, 384 auto thefts.

http://fppd.org/uniform.pdf

The place is a friggin' hole.

I don't know anything about Pan Am one way or the other and I don't think the town really reflects the school.

But I have lived on the Treasure Coast for about 3 years. Come on, it's no secret that Ft. Pierce is a sewer.........
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dude....come on. Fort Pierce is a great place to live? Are you really saying that?

In 2001 (the last year I have stats for VB) there were 397 felony arrests and 888 misdemeanor arrests.

In FPR in 2001, there were 14 homocides alone! 63 sexual batteries, 281 robberies 512 aggravated assaults, 1022 Burglaries, 2024 Larcenies, 384 auto thefts.

The place is a friggin' hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

My cousin was shot and killed at point blank range on State Road 60 in Vero ( a "safe" place) while stopping to help someone....and your point IS???

Oh...could it be that VERO got rid of their "undesireable" element when they established a town for the "undesireables" (Gifford) so as to wash their lily white hands and thus not have it reported in their statistics? It is all in the history of the incorporation of Vero and Indian River County.

BTW....My cousins funeral was the largest funeral ever for a Deputy killed in the line of duty this state has ever seen. Isn't it rather sad he left St. Lucie County to work in Vero Beach so his wife and parents would no longer worry about his safety.

I have lived in Fort Pierce on and off since 1957 and the worse thing that has happened (I owned a retail/service business in Ft. Pierce for 13 years) is that my purse was stolen in VERO Beach.

For those reading this post and not in the "know"...the airport and school are located between Fort Pierce and Vero Beach.

The thread in entitled "living in Ft. Pierce"...not "living in ft. pierce and how it reflects on PAIFA". You guys are too sensitive! The truth is, FPR is a dump!

PanAmFPRhappy,

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. No law enforcement career is "safe"...It's a tragedy to hear about an officer downed in the line of duty.
frown.gif

Chunk

In any light, Ft. Pierce is just a small town on the East coast. It has a few "nice" beach areas and a few clubs...in my opinion, it is a dirty little town with very little to do, however, it is relatively close to West Palm Beach and Orlando. If you are attending the flight schools, and want to be successful, you won't be seeing much of those towns. Go there to go to school, NOT to be a part of the town.

Hi...I'm planning to attend Pan Am in Oct 2003 and would like some info on cheap off-airport housing. If you could send me the contact info, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Ari Ben Aviator of Ft. Pierce provides very nice inexpensive off airport housing for their students, and the first 3 months are even included in their 200 hr multi engine program ($25,000). Check it out!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ari Ben Aviator of Ft. Pierce provides very nice inexpensive off airport housing for their students, and the first 3 months are even included in their 200 hr multi engine program ($25,000). Check it out!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you troll on all the forums or just Pan Ams? How long you worked there? Must be hurting for students to lower yourself to this.

How about you read his posts in the Ari Forum. I pretty sure he states how long he has been working there, give him a break, he is an instructor and is just giving his insight to housing at his school.

[ QUOTE ]
How about you read his posts in the Ari Forum. I pretty sure he states how long he has been working there, give him a break, he is an instructor and is just giving his insight to housing at his school.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do believe this is a Pan Am site and the person stated he was attendng Pan Am in October 2003. If he wanted housing for the other school, I am sure he would have posted it on their site.

As far as housing...give Michelle a call at the Ft. Pierce Campus. She has a list of apartments and prices as well as people in search of roommates off campus.

[ QUOTE ]
I do believe this is a Pan Am site and the person stated he was attendng Pan Am in October 2003.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a PanAm forum, not site. And the guy asked for living in Ft. Pierce which is where PanAm and Ari-Ben Aviator are located. All lucky was trying to do was to pick a fight. This website needs all the instructors it can get to give advice, which he was doing.

Take a look at other forums, there is posting done on behalf of others schools in there, who cares what forum the person gives advice, as long as it gets typed down and posted.

Not looking to pick a fight. I agree, we do need all the advice we can get on here. Just still really looked like someone trolling for students when they rattle off their programs when someones talking about going to another school.

Back