Liveatc.net GFK feed?

I'm already on my second one. My first one had issues with the videocard overheating while just using the internet and the screen would turn different colors.

I'm already on my second one. My first one had issues with the videocard overheating while just using the internet and the screen would turn different colors.

wooo! thats crazy! i really havent used mine all that much yet

I've had my aero notebook since June (Latitude D630) and REALLY wish UND would junk the program. I benchmarked it and it got about 1000 3DMarks--and gleefully told me that the current average benchmark is 10000. Yes, they're making us pay through the nose to rent a POS that's 10x slower than the average PC! The help desk is a joke, too...

I've had my aero notebook since June (Latitude D630) and REALLY wish UND would junk the program. I benchmarked it and it got about 1000 3DMarks--and gleefully told me that the current average benchmark is 10000. Yes, they're making us pay through the nose to rent a POS that's 10x slower than the average PC! The help desk is a joke, too...
3dMark is mainly a graphic test. it doesn't mean much for overall computer performance. to test those things you need to test SuperPI, PCMark, and whole bunch more, mainly PCMark

this is partially a result of

a) buying 'business' computers that are not designed with graphics performance in mind.

and

b) having crap OEM drivers installed. you can force newer nvidia graphics drivers onto them for a MAJOR speed boost in the graphics department. with my last laptop it took me from about 20fps in FSX up to 40+ fps.

Yeah, I know 3dmark's not an all-around benchmark, but it still is pretty bleak for the Aero Notebook. Back on topic--I've been out of town for a week and am getting back to work on logistics for the feed. I've sent emails to the folks at flightops and the notebook helpdesk about locating the feed at flightops and possibly getting some of UND's old hardware to use for multiple feeds if the inital feed is successful. I'll be back in GFK right before welcome weekend and hope to have something setup by Labor Day.

Back