Live Audio Feeds

Flaflaflofly

Does anyone know any other websites besides liveatc.net to listen to an audio feed of KORD? I can't make it to the airshow this weekend :mad:, and figure the next best thing would be to listen to Chicago traffic. Unfortunately the feed on liveatc.net isn't working for me.
Thanks!

are you using Firefox or IE?

If it's firefox, try loading it in Internet Explorer instead, for some reason embedded WMP sessions using WMV audio streaming never seem to load in FireFox.. and you can't install the plugin either.

Yeah.. wow no dice. I checked a couple of other forums on the site regarding the KORD feed and it sounds like they've been having some consistency problems dating back a couple of months so I think they're working on it.. although it may be a problem with the input side of the feed.. who knows..

bummer, hearing about the airshow peaked my interest in listening today.

Yeah VLC no worky.. I tried opening the live feed in VLC, then WMP, then Flash, then Java. It's an intermittent prob with the liveatc server.

Thanks for the help with this. I appreciate it. I so badly wanted to hear anything from Chicago today. I was even hoping to see some passing traffic from my apartment but only a couple of jets so far today...

while you may not be able to today, you can pick up scanners that'll tune to the ground/tower frequencies. That way you have a backup if it happens again!

I think radioshack has some good ones.

while you may not be able to today, you can pick up scanners that'll tune to the ground/tower frequencies. That way you have a backup if it happens again!

I think radioshack has some good ones.
Do those get good range? I have yet to start researching scanners because I assumed that I couldn't really afford a good one just yet. I am 41 miles from ORD, so I wasn't sure if I could even get the signal. Will the become obsolete with the digital conversion next year?

I can answer your question on the distance. I live 50+ miles from Akron airport and I can hear them on my scanner just fine. So I'd say you're good on the distance part! Good luck!!!

hard to say..I found this general article good. But when it really comes down to it I guess it's up to the signal strength being provided by KORD - I think if you were to jump over to the pilot section of this website you could find someone that operates or recreates @ KORD and could make note of the reception. I think it'd be safe if you just picked up a decent base station that had expandability options for the antenna to boost your reception.

Back