Listing previous employer; Merger & Co. Name Change Question

SquatThrust

I don't know which forum this should be asked in, but it's airline related so I figured I'd post the question here.

I was a ramper for US Airways prior to and up through the merger with AA. I left US/AA 2.5 years ago to fly for a regional where I'm currently employed. I'm updating my resume and applications and I'm unsure how to list my employment with US/AA in my employment history section.

My paychecks and uniform never stopped saying "USAirways" while I was there, even though the merger with AA was well underway and legally approved by the government etc by that time. As far as the flying public was concerned, it was 'AA', but of course, internally there was still much integration to be done.

When I applied to my current regional my resume only said US Airways. My resume wasn't even discussed, much less looked at in that interview, so that situation isn't helpful in solving this.

Now filling out the generic profile on pilotcredentials.com and updating my resume: Do I list only US Airways? Both US and AA but as separate employers? AA only, as I was 'technically' an AA employee when I left the company? Or something else entirely?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure there are a few guys here who have dealt with this.

When I filled out my info I wrote, using your situation, "US Airways now American Airlines" and included the contact info for AA.

Back