List of Security Clearances Denied

moulds80

About a month ago someone posted an interesting link to a website which listed all of the denied ATC security clearances and why for the last several years. I was trying to find it but could not as I think the title was something unrelated to that. Does anyone have the link or remember that thread? I was odd to read that most of the clearances were denied due to relationship and interests to things outside of the US and peoples credit record rather than things like criminal records.

About a month ago someone posted an interesting link to a website which listed all of the denied ATC security clearances and why for the last several years. I was trying to find it but could not as I think the title was something unrelated to that. Does anyone have the link or remember that thread? I was odd to read that most of the clearances were denied due to relationship and interests to things outside of the US and peoples credit record rather than things like criminal records.
If I remember right the denials were not solely for ATC. It was from the OPM and they do clearances for everyone now, including the military.

Thank you for the link, I don’t think there is anything in my background of work or associations which would deny my clearance, but I have been booked for the LA PEPC for two months and have two more months to wait, so I have lots of time to obsess over any possible disqualifier or disaster no matter how remote it is.

That site makes me worry that my dual citizenship and mom's family overseas will cause some sort of problem. It's with a friendly country and I'd be perfectly willing to give it up. But it still makes me nervous.

That site makes me worry that my dual citizenship and mom's family overseas will cause some sort of problem. It's with a friendly country and I'd be perfectly willing to give it up. But it still makes me nervous.
It seems to me that their biggest concerns are foreign influence, and any type of drug/alcohol problems. I had to make a statement that an arrest I had four years back(reckless driving on a motorcycle) didn't have anything to do with drugs or alcohol.

I was amazed at how some people had so many security violations and while denied clearance were not fired from their jobs. I know in most retail stores for example losing your store keys and than doing something like leaving a safe unlocked over the course of a year would be termination, even if there was no loss to the company as a result. Some of the cases on that website feature people in national security positions who leave safes of secret documents open, lose disks with secret material, lose their security badges or miss-handle biological materials five or six times and get written up but never terminated.

Back