Link ATC School

pingrizz

I am currently signed up to go to Link ATC school in Texas and was wondering if anyone has been there or knows anything about it. If I could get some information and any goods/bads about it I would be much appreciated. Also any housing suggestions there would be great.

I don't see how this program will help you get a job with the FAA at all. Seems very fishy to me.

They don't give you a CTO (they say you get that from the FAA afterwards), and the only way to get a CTO is to work in a real tower. The FAA CTO hiring openings are for folks who have a CTO and have worked in a tower already, I think for more than 1 year.

If this program satisfies the CTI hiring requirements, then I guess it'll work, but it looks a lot more expensive than just going to a school with a CTI program.

So, unless there's a CTI fulfillment that I didn't see on their website, this school takes your money and doesn't leave you eligible for FAA hire except though Off the Street openings (which you're probably already eligible for)? Very very suspect. Do a lot of research before committing to this.

Just to resurrect a dead thread... neither Link nor Advanced ATC (same deal, except in Valdosta, GA) offer a CTI. Spent a lot of time looking into both, and they're evasive when it comes to questions on exactly what's supposed to happen once you "graduate".

The CTO answers are vague, too, for the reasons Weasel described. I get a pretty negative impression from these guys... feels like one of those places that'll set up a "school" in response to industry trends, squeeze out exorbitant amounts of money from a few people they're able to trick into attending, and then disappear a little while later.

Every so once in a while they'll drop by StuckMic to astroturf the CTI boards with a "student" who "made an account" to sing the praises of the school. Of course, that's the only post they'll ever make and they'll never come back. Meanwhile, I've yet to hear from any of the "graduates" from these places on how their career's been going... or been starting, for that matter.

Link we caught in a straight up lie a while back. They were claiming that upon graduating, the FAA would interview you for a job on the spot and give you a TOL right there. Even back then, before the training slowdown, it sounded suspicious. We called the FAA about it and heard from a higher up that, in so many words, it was BS and they agreed to no such thing.

Anyway, just some assorted thoughts on them. If it's not too late to get out, I would. There's a chance that Link could be legit, but there are way, way too many red flags to go blow $40,000 on it without seeing what happens to their first class. Your money would be much better spent at an actual CTI school, where you'll get a verifiable edge in the application process.

I am currently signed up to go to Link ATC school in Texas and was wondering if anyone has been there or knows anything about it. If I could get some information and any goods/bads about it I would be much appreciated. Also any housing suggestions there would be great.

unless LINK is a approved FFA cti school then your just pissing your money away.my advice is take you $40000 and buy a nice Dodge Challenger R/T,that way you will know as much about ATC as these clowns will teach you and you will have a great car.

Looks like they're run by L-3 communications, a company that also operates in town here. L3 does a lot of legitimate aircraft modification work, it's a shame to hear that they have much seedier sides to their business.

That really pisses me off. They rake in so much money on aircraft work, why do they need to con people into giving them money for nothing?

unless LINK is a approved FFA cti school then your just pissing your money away.my advice is take you $40000 and buy a nice Dodge Challenger R/T,that way you will know as much about ATC as these clowns will teach you and you will have a great car.

:yup: Awesome advice

Back