Lifeguard?

N519AT

Ahh! This is how I change this!
Hello All,
This is my first post on jetcareers and I was wondering what the term "Lifeguard" meant? I have noticed in some ATC tapes (TWA 800) and Live ATC that before the pilot says Lifeguard and then his callsign. Listening to the ATC Tapes of TWA 800 before it crashed I noticed that the pilot said "New York Center TWA's Lifeguard 800 Heavy 8200' climbling 11000". Is this refered to because they have a special medical patient on board or something completly different?
Thanks

Dan Charles
Everest Air
EVA_842

Basically they either have a patient on board or some time sensative body part. I believe it was eyes on TWA 800.

I just read the Transcripts of TWA 800 tapes and the first aircraft to report the explosion was Stinger Bee 507. I am just wondering what airline used this call sign. The first airline that came to mind was buzz, but they do not fly in the US and they (i Belive) just started up a few years ago.

Dan Charles
Everest Air
EVA_842

[ QUOTE ]
I just read the Transcripts of TWA 800 tapes and the first aircraft to report the explosion was Stinger Bee 507. I am just wondering what airline used this call sign. The first airline that came to mind was buzz, but they do not fly in the US and they (i Belive) just started up a few years ago.

Dan Charles
Everest Air
EVA_842

[/ QUOTE ]

Eastwind Airlines

Hey Dan,

Welcome to the board. I had a lifeguard flight once. We were carryying two eyeballs in the cockpit cause we couldnt put them in the cargo bin. It was pretty weird, the flight attendant nearly freaked out when she found out what it was but it was pretty cool we basically got direct anywhere we wanted because of it.

Thats a pretty cool story. I've actually been coming to jetcareers for some time now, just never got around to signing up on the forum Thanks

Dan Charles
Everest Air
EVA_842

Back