Lifeguard Fatal Five in Nevada Feb 24, 2023

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 12.48.28.png

;)

Ohhhh, dogfighting, not… cat…errr…fighting. :)

Way back in the day (1984) when I first arrived in this part of the country, local fire departments (as fundraisers) would charge admission to watch the gals traveling the country wrestle one another in skimpy outfits. I was a minister then and married, so I couldn't/didn't go to support the departments, but I was sad that I could not:rolleyes::eek:

For severe unusual attitudes, when you have to get the jet back upright quickly, it does make aerodynamic sense. So I can easily see that.

They say that a wing unloaded to 0G can't actually be stalled. I am positive there is more to the story than that with respect to airflow, effectiveness of controls, or whatever else. But like you said, at slow speed/high AoA, our crispest roll response occurs following a brief unload. Our FCS is also weird and not wholly traditional, for example you get varying rates of rudder fade out depending on loading/AoA, and that all gets weird with the rolling surface rudder interconnect (RSRI) integration as well. But suffice to say that a little coordinated rudder with lateral stick inputs and a brief unload will yield a more snappy roll than a loaded reversal with no rudder. That much is probably traditional aerodynamics, albeit boosted with a little "tame the ham fists" digital FBW magic.

Sometimes you're just f*****d, whether you're eating dinner, on a ladder in your home changing a lightbulb, in a car on the way to the grocery store, or flying privately or commercially.

Not suggesting one doesn't try to mitigate hazards or investigate the "why." Just noting s**t has always happened despite our best efforts and that it brings a cost with it no one wants to pay.

The audio is haunting.

His opinion on single pilot ops is a bit misplaced.
I don’t know how he can assert that “this is clearly a spatial disorientation induced spiral dive” - the aircraft crashed practically right where it started to get into a dive - looking at the ground plot the radius is roughly 400m.

Also, yeah, single pilot is hard sometimes - but generally flying in little airplanes is hard. Particularly at night, in the mountains, in IMC, on a patient transport.

Screw that Blanco guy… I don’t even know why I watched it.

I don’t know how he can assert that “this is clearly a spatial disorientation induced spiral dive” - the aircraft crashed practically right where it started to get into a dive - looking at the ground plot the radius is roughly 400m.

Also, yeah, single pilot is hard sometimes - but generally flying in little airplanes is hard. Particularly at night, in the mountains, in IMC, on a patient transport.

I think he means well but some of the things he says would make Bill Waldock's brain fry.

People want to know why and right now which I think drives that entire YouTuber market. Clicks NOW!

I told you guys…..blancorolio is just the lesser angry idiot version of Dan Gryder. I don’t know why people waste the time watching his stupid ass videos where he solves a plane crash 12 hours after it happens, like it’s a one hour TV crime show. Both of those clowns are entirely unqualified for what they purport to be experts in on their YouTube channels. As an actual aircraft accident investigator, who has taken the time to painstakingly get the smallest of details correct on an accident, to follow evidentiary trails to their logical conclusions, to peel back the proverbial investigative onion to its core, even when constant issues and findings keep getting discovered in the course of investigating one finding; and the literal time and effort it takes to ensure that these are all analyzed and conclusions drawn correctly and succinctly; for me to see clowns like these guys and see how many people cite them as some sort of experts of this craft, is nothing less than frustrating.

I even had to interject comments on one of their videos of the Dallas B-17 crash about wrong many of the conclusions being made regarding formation flight and who is responsible for what during same; as the contentions the clown was making were completely obvious to me and any other formally military trained formation pilot, that he didn’t know the first damn thing he was talking about regarding the subject. Funny thing, I never got a response.

Back