Life is good

Thanks for sharing, Its good to hear someone enjoys their aviation life! In about four more days I should have my MEI wrapped up and should be heading home to start a "new life" in aviation, and I cannot wait!!!:nana2:

Good post!!

It seems most people on this site have airline blinders on when it comes to aviation. The airlines are hurting and everyone is talking about plan B. There are many more different jobs in this industry than airlines. duh

I get tired of instructing sometimes but when I think of some of the crap my friends are doing that they HATE....

Luckily I have a corporate job on the side I work 10-15 days a month. Just the other day I was riding four wheelers on a 3000 acre ranch for a few days and getting paid to do it!

Life is good...

Great attitude! I find focusing on the positive aspects of life will keep you much happier.

Side note: Is it customary to get something for your instructor, or take him to lunch, after passing a check ride? I just passed my PPL ride and would like to do something to say thanks but not sure what.

Side note: Is it customary to get something for your instructor, or take him to lunch, after passing a check ride? I just passed my PPL ride and would like to do something to say thanks but not sure what.

You don't have to--it's not like instructors expect any kind of special gift--but it's not unheard of, and always appreciated, if you do do something for them.

Personally, I always enjoy getting taken out to eat somewhere. It's a good way to relax and socialize away from the airport, plus I'm never one to pass up free food.

I still think you left PA too quick ;):)

No kidding, there are days I miss it back there! I was only there for 10 months but I've got plenty of good memories. A couple friends are getting married in Gettysburg at the end of August, maybe that should be my excuse for another aerial tour of the country in my 140...

Great post!!

It just goes to show that if everyone were a little bit more positive, the world would be just a little bit less negative :) and then one day world peace would actually be achieved!

Robbie

I just don't get why people get down when the industry is 'down'. Things are going to be ok, and those who are working hard now will get rewarded when things get busy again!

I had lunch with one of my students the other day and I mentioned I was looking into getting a 'corporate' job. He just looked at me funny. turns out he thought I was talking about one of those 'cubicle' jobs you hear about in horror films. I just about spit my lunch out when he said, "I though you meant like an office job."
A real job? Are you kidding?

No kidding, there are days I miss it back there! I was only there for 10 months but I've got plenty of good memories. A couple friends are getting married in Gettysburg at the end of August, maybe that should be my excuse for another aerial tour of the country in my 140...

Yeah, it really is a beautiful flying area. I havn't been as far as Gettysburg but its a great landscape just going to York. Let me know when (if) you head out this way.

That was an excellent post. It is easy to get down when hearing about all this negativity, especially when there are people out there that simply thrive on being negative and doomy.

Yesterday I was flying a Chieftain all over the Bahamas. Simply fantastic weather, nice cool air conditioning, and I ended up going to three different islands. Tomorrow I'll be flying a King Air up to North Carolina. How cool is that? On top of that, I make way more than I ever would have if I was at ASA right now (I'm in the pool).

Business at our charter company is staying busy (especially for the usually slow summer season of south FL). I've got today off, so I guess I'm going to go ride my bike for awhile, go to the gym, then go have a nice lunch somewhere. This is definitely better than my old engineering job. You doomsayers can have that, I'll stick with flying (and general aviation - forget the airlines!)!

Back