Life at Republic

If I have a choice btw Q400, E145 and E170.
I hear from many sources that jet time is preferrable by Major than turboprop time. is that true?
Then should I avoid Q400?

There are times where companies prefer specific experience. Being that the "Majors" fly jets, having a lot jet time is reassuring. Would I pick the jet over a turboprop in all cases? No.

I would think twice about going to any regional without CX pay that feeds United in EWR.

They'll cancel 2 days worth of regional flights given a bad storm in winter...Afternoon storms too will result in huge swaths of cx's.

There's just too much out of our control to give up that sort of $ IMO.

Do you find yourself happy at XJT? That's where I'm also looking into...

The OP might also want to check some of the other threads on Republic/Chatauqua in the past few months.

I think XJT has CX pay but no trip/duty rigs.

Vyse said:
The OP might also want to check some of the other threads on Republic/Chatauqua in the past few months. I think XJT has CX pay but no trip/duty rigs.

I asked a XJT if they had the three and told "indeed they do"

Most XJT FOs I've talked to say they not even sure if if will exist in 5 years.

Funny how so many are pissed that they don't realize that there is at least 7 years left on 200+ of the EMB-145s alone. Skywest also has a ton of planes on order and I doubt they would all go to the west side as not all their planes need replaced. Skywest has nearly enough orders and options to refleet the entire fleet of jets on both sides over the next 10 years or so. Obviously there isn't a 100% guarantee they will all make it onto company property but to say 5 years left of existence is just a sign of someone being pissed off.

I asked a XJT if they had the three and told "indeed they do"
I believe I was wrong on the trip/duty rig thing. CX pay is 100% though.

There is soft time in the contract that is similar to a trip rig as I understand it but it is no where near as lucrative.

Last edited:
Getting 3k of the 5k bonus isn't accurate. In the short term yes but when you file you will get a lot of the withheld 2k back. It's normal for bonuses to be withheld heavily because they usually throw that amount into the next tax bracket but for a first year FO, you don't have to worry about that, haha. :)

I was in the 9/16 class and 4 guys got PHL. So it is heading junior, but so are most bases with the exception of GSO. If you have any questions let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back