Lido CYYC

PW127F

Hi Guys,

I came from an airline that used Lido, back to a company using Jep.

Does anyone have a set of LIDO charts for CYYC (our home airport) that you could send me so I can show the guys what they are missing out on!

Thanks!

PW!

Hi Guys,

I came from an airline that used Lido, back to a company using Jep.

Does anyone have a set of LIDO charts for CYYC (our home airport) that you could send me so I can show the guys what they are missing out on!

Thanks!

PW!

Absolutely nothing. LIDOs = :banghead:

I'd have to agree. Other than the airport taxi charts Lido is absolute crap. Lido Sid and Stars are horrible when it comes to trying to pick out pertinent data. The approach charts are crap without any reasonable "briefing strip" like Jepp. The enroute charts are so bad they can actually get you in trouble at FIR boundaries.

TP

I just guess it depends on what you are used to!

Anyway, does anyone have access to a set of Lido CYYC plates?

My guess is that you were at Pinnacle. If not, I know they use Lido. There are some Pinnacle guys on JC. Try to look up 'Kellwolf' He is on often, and may be able to help you.

I've got a paper set that I have to keep with me, and the only other way I can get it is using the on-line viewer. I'll check later to see if it'll just let me download those as a PDF instead of just printing them out.

LIDO is just like any other chart, though. There are some things that are nice and some not so nice. Some guys hate Jepps and love NACO. Vice versa. LIDO vs Jepp is no different. Honestly, I kinda like 'em. It's nice looking at the chart, saying "I'm here" and knowing what your MSA is without having to figure out which radial you're on from whatever navaid is being used. The AFC charts are AWESOME in case of an emergency or a divert. It's also a good place to find all the info you need fast. The AGC charts generally are better than the Jepp airport diagrams IMO.

Really the only things I don't like are the lack of a briefing strip (which is TMed by Jepp if you look in the corner) and the SID/STARS. Speed restrictions on the STARS and SIDs tends to get missed b/c they are either somewhere else or not bolded like they are in Jepps. If you want all the info for a SID, you need to look at the text and the graphic depiction. Generally, I brief off the text and fly off the graphic, and that seems to work out okay. To get around the lack of a "briefing strip," this is what I do. If it's an east bound direction, brief it going counter clockwise on the plate. If it's west bound, brief going clockwise. It flows almost exactly like a briefing strip format.

Back