Lewis University

Chris728

Hello everyone just had a few questions for anyone who knows of the online masters program at Lewis University in Romeoville, IL. I am going to be receiving my B.S. in Management from a neighboring university in a couple weeks and have applied to the Masters of Science in Aviation and Transportation at Lewis and also will be starting flight training at the same time. I was just wondering if anybody knew of the program either as a student or an instructor and if you had a positive or negative experience with them? Thanks in advance!:)

No experience with Lewis, I just know it's super $$$$$.

Yea they quoted me $60-65,000 for the flight training 0 hours to CFII and $28,000 for tuition for the masters degree.:eek2: I was lucky enough to finish my bachelors with no debt thanks to a mix of financial aid and saving every penny i had but if i do end up picking Lewis I am able to get up to $10,000 in tuition reimbursement from my job and loans fixed at 6.8% where i can deduct up to $2500 in interest on my taxes per year. Otherwise if i pick another route like an FBO or ATP i skip out on the masters, get a conventional loan that i would pay anywhere between $40,000-$70,000 back where the interest is not tax deductible and will have a variable interest rate. I am still sort of weighing my options but its leaning more towards the degree.

The school is a good school. I've toured the facility, and being a "195 instructor" (61.195) I teach the CFI academy a lot at a competitive flight school just north of Lewis Univ. As I sit here and think about the couple days at Oshkosh airshow, and now this... there must be AT LEAST 8-10 CFI's that i've signed off that work at or have worked at Lewis Univ. in the last 1.5 years, so I get to know a lot about their programs, the pro's/con's, etc... Yeah, you'll pay a lot, but it's also a catholic college, so what do you expect...

Back