Based on… what experience?
The alumni newsletter...as that is the only evidence she continually posts about. I am willing to bet she's never set foot on that campus and why she continues to give advice about the school baffles me.

That is odd.

In all of my years of no experience on the CRJ, lemme tellya like it izzzz….

The alumni newsletter...as that is the only evidence she continually posts about. I am willing to bet she's never set foot on that campus and why she continues to give advice about the school baffles me.

No, I have a few good friends that went there and that is from their perspective. I have been on the campus, and it is pretty depressing especially for aviation. I am just warning people to do their due diligence. Because, it is decent for nursing, maybe education, but not aviation. I think part of the reason for attending a program is that recruiters and others in the industry recognize it. Why regret where you went to school or just settle because of a scholarship?

No, I have a few good friends that went there and that is from their perspective. I have been on the campus, and it is pretty depressing especially for aviation. I am just warning people to do their due diligence. Because, it is decent for nursing, maybe education, but not aviation. I think part of the reason for attending a program is that recruiters and others in the industry recognize it. Why regret where you went to school or just settle because of a scholarship?
Because $250,000 in debt is different than $80,000 to go from a huge school with a big name than a small school. Connections are good but I'm not paying extra for bigger school and bigger name. In my interview experience I have had to explain my small college and how much I loved it for its accreditation, great professor to student ratio, and great in class education...but have never been doubted because I didn't pick Riddle or SIU since I was accepted to both programs. Now I sit with a lot less debt than many others and from my experience YOU are the one interviewing proving yourself....not your college. The name of the school should not be something you consider when deciding a school is my point. The resources, education, and experience is what matters. For what it's worth I felt the same about Riddle than where I graduated. I loved them both but the scholarship and grants I got at my school compared to nothing Riddle was giving made it an easy decision to say no...probably one of the best decisions I've made in my entire life.

Also, alumni newsletters about where people currently are in the work force of their career is a pretty lame thing to use as consideration. I don't know many who go running to my college to update them on where they're at in their career field...

But back to the question...what is depressing about the education? What is depressing about their aviation program, fleet, and student body experiences? All I hear is alumni and money....back to what I was saying about judging schools with all the wrong reasoning.

Because $250,000 in debt is different than $80,000 to go from a huge school with a big name than a small school. Connections are good but I'm not paying extra for bigger school and bigger name. In my interview experience I have had to explain my small college and how much I loved it for its accreditation, great professor to student ratio, and great in class education...but have never been doubted because I didn't pick Riddle or SIU since I was accepted to both programs. Now I sit with a lot less debt than many others and from my experience YOU are the one interviewing proving yourself....not your college. The name of the school should not be something you consider when deciding a school is my point. The resources, education, and experience is what matters. For what it's worth I felt the same about Riddle than where I graduated. I loved them both but the scholarship and grants I got at my school compared to nothing Riddle was giving made it an easy decision to say no...probably one of the best decisions I've made in my entire life.

Also, alumni newsletters about where people currently are in the work force of their career is a pretty lame thing to use as consideration. I don't know many who go running to my college to update them on where they're at in their career field...

But back to the question...what is depressing about the education? What is depressing about their aviation program, fleet, and student body experiences? All I hear is alumni and money....back to what I was saying about judging schools with all the wrong reasoning.

You want specifics? Find alumni and have one recommend it. Good luck with that. Do you see big names recruiting, no? Who says you have to go to an aviation school if you have the philosophy you do? You can learn to fly at a lot of places...a lot of pilots have other degrees. Yes, I am not going to encourage Riddle if debt is what you are concerned about...but the one thing they have going for them is alumni connections and pride. I am not going to get in more specifics but I would be embarrassed like my friends when they are here in ATL, and people in the industry ask where they went to school and they get blank looks. I've witnessed it. But, alumni connections are where you get jobs. Period.

@A Life Aloft stop stalking me, it's creepy.

The only creepy thing around here is why you insist on handing out advice and information that is completely bogus. You aren't a pilot. You don't work in any aviation field or anything related to aviation. You have no direct, first hand experience in aviation, except for your supposed third hand hearsay and ignorant opinions. When pressed for details, you fold like a wet kleenex. You have no business meting out advice based on nothing. All you are doing is posting made up generalizations and b.s., frankly. You have an issue with me, then put my little ass on ignore. Solves your problem, dear.

Last edited:
You want specifics? Find alumni and have one recommend it. Good luck with that. Do you see big names recruiting, no? Who says you have to go to an aviation school if you have the philosophy you do? You can learn to fly at a lot of places...a lot of pilots have other degrees. Yes, I am not going to encourage Riddle if debt is what you are concerned about...but the one thing they have going for them is alumni connections and pride. I am not going to get in more specifics but I would be embarrassed like my friends when they are here in ATL, and people in the industry ask where they went to school and they get blank looks. I've witnessed it. But, alumni connections are where you get jobs. Period.

@A Life Aloft stop stalking me, it's creepy.
Of course I want specifics. Don't you think it's only fair to give someone specifics if you're going to post so much hate and diminishing the value of a school. Trust me I understand alumni and their success in the market but how big is the school? Why is it being compared to Riddle or SIU? Of course those school have better connections with the shear amount of pilots they produce a year.

You're pretty much saying your friends get blank looks? Why? That's what I want to know? Is there something wrong with their professors? The flight training? I went to Rocky Mountain College and got a degree in Aero Science and I get blank looks all the time. Of course I expect it because why would most people know of a small private school? That literally means nothing about my training, education, or the quality of pilot I am. The fact that you're suggesting that is so ignorant and startling. If you look at my alumni I'm sure people think we aren't successful when compared to Riddle because we don't have 2000 airline pilots active? Are you saying their website is lying about the current jobs their graduates have been offered and the internships? Why is it depressing? They don't have 100 airplanes and a student facility of 100 people with aviation backgrounds?

Why does the alumni have trouble getting jobs? Why do they hate their experiences? Some people that went to my school hated it too but those were usually all drop outs or hated aviation and projected it on the college. Are you suggesting employerd are throwing away applications because it has "Lewis University" on it? @Derg didnt seem to have any comments about Delta not hiring Lewis Aviation graduates...is it the system that's the problem or your friends with unrealistic mindsets?

The only input I have about why this school is bad(from another post) is that it's expensive and slow...which I would say to someone don't go to a University for flight training if you don't expect it to be slower than usual and obviously more expensive. That's pretty obvious when deciding on a college program or going the 61 route.

Now I'm just here to tell the OP that going to a small school has a lot of benefits and actually many that are better than the huge pilot mills you've listed. Many give me blank looks as they don't know where my school is which is totally normal. Employers in my past have actually been more interested to hear about my experiences at my school rather than put it against me. You won't have as many connections as a huge school which still is not the end of the world. What jobs are we talking about in aviation is still "it's who you know"? Some private charters and 135 bush pilot ops cause I can guarantee it isn't the 121 world. If I'm in an interview with someone criticizing my education not being a house hold name, then I don't want to work for them in the first place.

I don't know why you're taking this so personal but the information you're saying has no evidence other than a few friends of yours get blank looks and have no connections and hate the school...which leads me to wonder do they have troubles because of Lewis or is it them? I'm having a tough time understanding where these graduates you speak of are applying that they can't find any work while the website has more information to back that their graduates are successful than your friends. I'm not attacking you but giving someone info to go to a Riddle for connections could be disastrous advice with no evidence to back it up. Honestly, I hear more negative things from the big Universities pilot training than I do small Universities...probably back to the amount of pilots they produce that I mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Anyone besides @Avgirl know if SIU, has an online/distance learning program? Akin to ERAU or UVU?
They don't have an online degree in aviation. Another school to look at for online programs is Liberty...which is a pretty school from what I've heard at least. They have a program with TransPac to do your training and degree at the same time (also with UVU). I also did an online aviation class with Delta State University that was easy, great, and affordable. Another program to look into if you're considering doing that route.

Something I put into deciding my school was AABI accreditation. I think it's something that probably gets over looked but something to consider for schools that at least have some type of worthy accreditation. It was a pretty big deal for my school to continually keep.

http://www.aabi.aero/programs.html

They don't have an online degree in aviation. Another school to look at for online programs is Liberty...which is a pretty school from what I've heard at least. They have a program with TransPac to do your training and degree at the same time (also with UVU). I also did an online aviation class with Delta State University that was easy, great, and affordable. Another program to look into if you're considering doing that route.

Something I put into deciding my school was AABI accreditation. I think it's something that probably gets over looked but something to consider for schools that at least have some type of worthy accreditation. It was a pretty big deal for my school to continually keep.

http://www.aabi.aero/programs.html

Hey man, as always thanks. I'm familiar with Delta State because @KLB is alumni. But I didn't know that, they had an online program and accepted prior ratings and certs for college credit. I'll definitely look into it. Kevin always speaks highly of his alma marta.

I don't know why you're taking this so personal but the information you're saying has no evidence other than a few friends of yours get blank looks and have no connections and hate the school...

Meh... I casually stated in the cat thread, that I feed my cats Royal Canin. And she bombarded my PM box with unsolicited warning/hate mail about Royal Canin. And how in her opinion, it wasn't a good product, and how I was doing my cats a disservice as their owner for feeding them that. She also seemed to take what I feed my cats VERY, VERY personal. As if it affected her in some way or another, and she actually seemed to get mad, when I basically said "no I'ma do what I want." I kinda liked the chick in the beginning. But she might just be cray af!

Last edited:
Hey man, as always thanks. I'm familiar with Delta State because @KLB is alumni. But I didn't know that, they had an online program and accepted prior ratings and certs for college credit. I'll definitely look into it. Kevin always speaks highly of his alma marta.
Yeah I only took one class but I enjoyed it. The online software they use for classes is very stress free and very easy to be in contact with your professor. If they take prior credit, I'd definitely jump on that. My college did it as well. That helped me graduate a year early and save about $30,000+ in tuition.

REALLY??? @Derg is alumni from ERAU, and has a friend in recruiting. I'm going to dinner with he and his wife this week, hooo boy. I'm leaving the restaurant with a CJO!

All because ERAU is a big name school, and has alumni connections!!!

Meh... I casually stated in the cat thread, that I feed my cats Royal Canin. And she bombarded my PM box with unsolicited warning/hate mail about Royal Canin. And how in her opinion, it wasn't a good product, and how I was doing my cats a disservice as their owner for feeding them that. She also seemed to take what I feed my cats VERY, VERY personal. As if it affected her in some way or another, and she actually seemed to get mad, when I basically said "no I'ma do what I want." I kinda liked the chick in the beginning. But she might just be cray af!

Wow, one e-mail back to you after you asking about the food is bombarding your e-mail? It is answering one of your silly questions. I didn't get mad at all about you doing that. How would I care what anyone feeds a cat? There are always alternatives. Good luck with online school.

I have a lot of successful friends in this industry, and guess what, they aren't the ones who whine about no one ever hiring them, not thanking Derg when he posts about job fairs and instead criticizing the very opportunity, and having hissy fits about how they are so qualified but never getting calls. In the grand scheme of things, it's exhausting around here at how many victims there are...but you choose your destiny. Some people no matter how many signs there are pointing them in the right direction will always choose to go the opposite way.

Back