Lets not let this space go to waste.

It's the easiest "real" airplane I've ever flown. Near 152 levels of easy. And yes, it's silly that they don't count RW time. That company is still a mystery to me on many levels. Like, Office Space style topheavy management, byzantine, non-sensical hiring practices, but once you're actually there, it's a pretty darned good job.

Oh, and yeah I used to work FW for Methods. Now I'm back to rich scumbag relocation.

Last edited:
That company is still a mystery to me on many levels. Like, Office Space style topheavy management, byzantine, non-sensical hiring practices, .....

It seems that this is standard of the industry. For the FW side, they're medical companies, first and foremost, with helicopters. Oh yea, they might have some airplanes, too.

I had a very handicapped person once that didn't do well being too far from a full service bathroom. He also got air sick. Found out not just anybody can file medical flight or whatever it is. Or at least Alex just wouldn't let me.

That's cool. Buddy of mine is the Air Methods lead pilot (or whatever they call them) for helos at ROW. Or at least was last I knew. :)
Are you talking about the crochety old man (current) who used to work with me flying Caravans? (An old Army scout pilot, asked me when I got hired at Air Methods would it be a problem if he hadnt flown a helicopter since 1989 -- it wasn't.) or the guy who used one of these (below), a bunch of PVC pipe and perhaps also a spreadsheet to construct a reasonable fascimille of a helicopter for our parade? Theres people who you just squint at and are like 'You were an engineer, weren't you?'

PUkLBG3.png

If its Thad, Trump done ran him out of the country. That or he got a full time gig in the guard in Europe.

Are you talking about the crochety old man (current) who used to work with me flying Caravans? (An old Army scout pilot, asked me when I got hired at Air Methods would it be a problem if he hadnt flown a helicopter since 1989 -- it wasn't.) or the guy who used one of these (below), a bunch of PVC pipe and perhaps also a spreadsheet to construct a reasonable fascimille of a helicopter for our parade? Theres people who you just squint at and are like 'You were an engineer, weren't you?'

If its Thad, Trump done ran him out of the country. That or he got a full time gig in the guard in Europe.

Thad it is.:) He had left my unit and moved to an AF unit up in Cheyenne, WY last I heard. So he moved on from there even?

Another one is one of the PC-12 pilots at ELP, is a helo Mx guy with my AF unit.

Hold on here...Methods requires 1500 hrs RW for a FW job :stir:, but won't let you apply any turbine RW time to apply for a turbine requirement for a FW job????

1500?? CAMTS says 2500.

Oh come on, you've been around long enough to remember this.

IMG_4157.PNG

It took me awhile to find a "phone rings" ad, but I believe you posted this one elsewhere. ;) The only thing missing was the helicopter hour requirement to fly a PC12. I guess they'd started to clean up HR by this point.

Funny thing about CAMTS, earlier today I learned they require a FW PIC to have an ATP, but on the RW side, a pilot can fly an S76 with only a CPL/IR.

Well in their defense it is Show Low, and they had just gone through like 5 pilots for various reasons, trying to fill it. Heh.

But of course you're right, I remember when I let my boss know the first year that I wasn't in compliance with CAMTS since I didn't have my ATP, I was hoping he'd approve paying me to go get it or something but I was informed that our accreditation was based on "substantial compliance" not "compliance."

Back