Lets not let this space go to waste.

As needed when situation requires, rescue as well as evac.

Though we don't do a lot of the actual evac part, for a number of reasons.

The EMS operators get upset if we do a transport without extenuating circumstances. Only ones they don't is the State Police when they do them.

But we don't like doing them anyway, as it ties us down with a patient and we're unavailable for LE needs during that time.

The EMS operators get upset if we do a transport without extenuating circumstances. Only ones they don't is the State Police when they do them.

But we don't like doing them anyway, as it ties us down with a patient and we're unavailable for LE needs during that time.

Do your birds even have a medical setup in the back? BLS or ALS?

Do your birds even have a medical setup in the back? BLS or ALS?

Our Blackhawks and Hueys do, BLS primarily. Which is funny....a BLS helo. :)

But, our job is rescue.......mainly hoist and long-line, with medical being initial stabilization and initial care. We can do extended care if required, either on scene or to a hospital, but again, we don't like to if we don't have to.

Our Blackhawks and Hueys do, BLS primarily. Which is funny....a BLS helo. :)

But, our job is rescue.......mainly hoist and long-line, with medical being initial stabilization and initial care. We can do extended care if required, either on scene or to a hospital, but again, we don't like to if we don't have to.

BLS in a helicopter? What does that even look like? I'd imagine that's just a shotgun and a VHS copy of Old Yellar, right?

No, at a hospital north of HOB. Fly into ROW on occasion though.

That's cool. Buddy of mine is the Air Methods lead pilot (or whatever they call them) for helos at ROW. Or at least was last I knew. :)

Yes there are quite a few Air Methods bases around here, they also have a helo at HOB as well as fixed wing assets in CNM I believe. I see those guys at HOB and LBB.

Good to see a dedicated Medevac section here at JC. Looks like mostly fixed wing folks so far on this thread, maybe we'll get rotorheads soon;-)
I'm also interested in the fixed wing side of the house, but don't have the turbine FW time to apply.

Back