Lesson plans

Jayrock

I'm in the process of recreating my lesson plans. The ones I have are a few years old and I thought the experience of recreating them would be helpful.

Anywho, one thing I noticed is that I only had lesson plans for flight maneuvers. My question is, should I have them prepared for lessons on areas such as airport operations and aircraft systems? Also, is this something the examiner would be looking for on a practical test?

Thanks!

I think most examiners still look for lesson plans. I have been out of the CFI business for bit now, but it would make sense. When I went through, I made a lesson plans for every single area in the CFI PTS along with most of the PPL and Commercial PTS. I may have gone overboard, but I was uber prepared for that oral :)

Thanks for the reply, Bike. With that I went back to the PTS and, viola, I think I found it.

IV. AREA OF OPERATION: PREFLIGHT LESSON ON A MANEUVER TO BE PERFORMED IN FLIGHT

NOTE: Examiner shall select at least one maneuver TASK from AREAS OF
OPERATION VII through XIII, and ask the applicant to present a preflight lesson on the selected maneuver as the lesson would be taught to a student.
A. TASK: MANEUVER LESSON

REFERENCES: FAA-H-8082-3, FAA-H-8083-9, FAA-H-8083-23, FAA-H-8083-
25; FAA-S-8081-12, FAA-S-8081-14; POH/AFM.

Objective. To determine that the applicant exhibits instructional knowledge of the selected maneuver by:
1. Stating the purpose.
2. Giving an accurate, comprehensive oral description, including the elements
and common errors.
3. Using instructional aids, as appropriate.
4. Describing the recognition, analysis, and correction of common errors.

Back