Lenticular Clouds...

That is really somthing else. Thats the one of the best parts of this career. You'll never see things like that in some crappy high rise with view of a skanky dirty city. ha ha!

I thought these were some pretty good examples of rotor clouds. I took this a couple years ago:

siuav8er-albums-rotor-clouds-picture1190-dsc00363.jpg

the cool thing really is that you can show this picture (and so many others) to fellow aviators and they all see something great in it. :)
We all enjoy the same or similar views and sometimes we can use a little reminder that we get to see things (and sometimes even understand them) others can not possibly grasp...

With that in mind I return to the real world...

:panic: FM032200 01015G26KT 1 1/2SM -SN BR BKN025 OVC060 :panic:

(for the non pilot's out there: the above is probably a great cookie recipe!)

25.7 degrees F and the assurance that I will shovel snow tonight.

While doing that, I will be wishing for a climb rate of 700ft/min @ 125 knots indicated, maybe 130. Keep in mind that there is blue sky above and all the grief and greed the bad vibes we get when we argue on a forum can be surprisingly... well, you get the drift.

Off my soapbox...... hope to see more pictures :)
Cheers,

I thought these were some pretty good examples of rotor clouds. I took this a couple years ago:

siuav8er-albums-rotor-clouds-picture1190-dsc00363.jpg

Those are Kelvin-Helmholtz wave clouds. Google was my friend today. I still would not want to be in there since they are caused by wind shearing.

Back