Length of En-route Academy

Phil42

I received an FOL at last. It indicates my start date is May 8th. I searched this forum and found a link to the FAA course schedule. It has not yet published the start/end dates of the May 8th course (seems it is just off the map). The FOL, of course, states that "approximately 85 class days" would be required for this session. 85 class days figures to be 17 weeks of class, which FAR exceeds the 3.5 month estimate I have heard from other people who have attended the academy.

For En route, what are the courses required? I am OTS, so I know I will have to do basics, then I presume I will have to do initial. Is there another course as well?

Does anyone else have a more solid grasp of the Academy time I should allocate being an OTS student?

If there is information about this someplace else, please direct me there.

Started Dec 29 and finish May 4. It comes out to be just over 4 months for us. Enroute is 4 months, Tracon/Tower is 3 months.

I am not trying to stray from the topic of the thread but I have a similar question regarding terminal. Everywhere I have read says to expect about 3 months. I emailed my HR rep & asked her. The place I am staying requires me to inform them of my move-out date within 48 hours of check-in. My rep told me I would be there until "around" April 7th (I start on 2/9). This doesn't seem to be nearly enough time. Any thoughts?

I am not trying to stray from the topic of the thread but I have a similar question regarding terminal. Everywhere I have read says to expect about 3 months. I emailed my HR rep & asked her. The place I am staying requires me to inform them of my move-out date within 48 hours of check-in. My rep told me I would be there until "around" April 7th (I start on 2/9). This doesn't seem to be nearly enough time. Any thoughts?

Definitely not right. My friend also got an end date that was off a bit. I would double check that. I believe my TOL said about 13 weeks total which puts you around May 8th...maybe they meant May instead of April.

I received an FOL at last. It indicates my start date is May 8th. I searched this forum and found a link to the FAA course schedule. It has not yet published the start/end dates of the May 8th course (seems it is just off the map). The FOL, of course, states that "approximately 85 class days" would be required for this session. 85 class days figures to be 17 weeks of class, which FAR exceeds the 3.5 month estimate I have heard from other people who have attended the academy.

For En route, what are the courses required? I am OTS, so I know I will have to do basics, then I presume I will have to do initial. Is there another course as well?

Does anyone else have a more solid grasp of the Academy time I should allocate being an OTS student?

If there is information about this someplace else, please direct me there.

17 weeks is correct. Add another 5 weeks for basics. When I was there some of the classes were having their last 2 weeks canceled which entails URET (I'm not too sure if the FAA is still doing this). Mine was canceled so I was there for 19.5 weeks total which includes 5 weeks basics on top of the Enroute 17 weeks.

So i have a question also that maybe someone can answer. My FOL states that i begin basic on 5/14 and will last 25 days then immediately start intro to radar which is 9 class days, does that sound right for tracon training?

I think there is something off with that. You have 5 weeks (25 days) basic and then you should have at least 6 more weeks of training for Tracon, not 9 days. I don't know exactly for Tracon/Tower but I know that you should be here for 3 months. That would make you only being here for 7 weeks, roughly 1.5 months. Maybe it was supposed to read 9 weeks not days. I don't know....Tracon peeps in OKC could answer that more definitely than I.

Back