Left One Job; Starting Another

Joe

After 2½ of teaching people how to slip the surly bonds of the earth and whatnot while surviving their frequent clever attempts (and occasional vigorous efforts) to turn me into a smoking hole in the ground, I've left my full-time CFI job and am enjoying a few weeks of much-needed and deserved down time before I head out to HYA in early October to learn how to do this:

I know there are several 9K'ers on here, so I'm sure I'll be meeting you all in the near future. For anyone curious as to my times, I interviewed in late July for the FO position essentially meeting or exceeding their requirements for FO and PIC-qualified FO... about 2,000 total time with just over 30 hours of multi (just over the 25 multi PIC they require). I also had the ATP written out of the way, and knew a few pilots on the inside. All of the interview gouge I've read on here and found elsewhere was dead on; it consisted of mostly HR and customer service questions.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to working for what looks like a great company, and I'm excited to begin training. Anybody here know where they've been sending FOs lately, or has it been anywhere they're needed? I've heard New England, Midwest and Caribbean... which doesn't do much to narrow it down. With only 225 hours of 50 NM cross-country time separating me from ATP minimums, hopefully an upgrade shouldn't take too long.

Hey, congrats. I say over and over that Cape was a fantastic place to work, and I mean it. The flying you'll do is very respected in the industry, and will put you ahead of the game if you transition to turbine equipment down the road. Incidentally, that aircraft from Wings is owned by Cape Air, still operating as N121PB.

Other than it being all piston flying, I have yet to hear anything bad about the place. That is definitely a good thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Incidentally, that aircraft from Wings is owned by Cape Air, still operating as N121PB.

That's really cool that Cape Air has that airplane. Boy watching that video sure brings back memories. I remember as a kid when people asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up I'd say, "you know that show Wings? I want to own a charter business just like that!"

Congrats. Cape Air is a place that I'd really like to end up at down the road from what I'm in now. How reasonable that is, I don't really know. But I'm sure I'll find out sometime.

Congratulations! I have heard a lot of great things about that company. Seems to have a good reputation in the industry.

Congratulations! I have heard a lot of great things about that company. Seems to have a good reputation in the industry.

Just in this topic alone I hear nothing but great things about the company! Have fun man! high performance multi recip planes with a 6 pack sounds like a lot of fun!

Back