"Learning To Fly" program on Discovery Wings channel

JaceTheAce

\"Learning To Fly\" program on Discovery Wings channel

Just wanted to let you guys know about this. They've got a great intro to those that want to get a basic feel of what in flight instruction for your PPL is about. The flight instructor is really great - he'd be a great model for an aspiring CFI. They are on the third episode I believe. They'll be replaying the series again later this month.

Discovery Wings programming - "Learning To Fly"

Re: \"Learning To Fly\" program on Discovery Wings channel

Crud, I missed it last night.

I created a thread on this on monday, probably a bit down by now.

[ QUOTE ]
Crud, I missed it last night.

I created a thread on this on monday, probably a bit down by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I taped the first two episodes, but forgot to tape the third that was just on a few minutes ago. I'm waiting for the next repeat segment to come on so that I can tape it. If you really want to see it I can lend you the tape...just pay for shipping.

Nah, it's alright.. Iti'l be on again, just have to wait
grin.gif

I dunno I've caught most of the first two episodes and - it bored me to death. And I'll watch just about anything having to do with flying. I think if they want to keep an audience they need to jazz it up some how. Dunno just my take on things.

It might just be the interaction between the CFI and the student. She seems very timid and he seems overbearing, somewhat.

[ QUOTE ]
I dunno I've caught most of the first two episodes and - it bored me to death. And I'll watch just about anything having to do with flying. I think if they want to keep an audience they need to jazz it up some how. Dunno just my take on things.

It might just be the interaction between the CFI and the student. She seems very timid and he seems overbearing, somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they both are doing a great job, but yes you are right. It was a little boring for me but I think once it gets into the more complicated procedures of flying I think it'll be more interesting. But yes, I don't think this would be so interesting to anyone other than someone just learning to fly, or become a CFI to look for good flight instruction tips.

Figures, now that I've moved and no longer get the Wings channel (or any cable, for that matter) they put something new on. At one point, I could recite their entire programming schedule (although it wasnt too hard...they play the same shows over and over and over and over).

and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ...

and over and over and over............

Back