Learjet Offroading

It’s a legacy Lear, I’m just amazed the nosewheel steering worked well enough to get back on pavement.
You'd hope a 31 would have the later version. If you've ever taxied a 20 series or an early 35 you know of what I speak. The upgrade was a huge improvement.

You'd hope a 31 would have the later version. If you've ever taxied a 20 series or an early 35 you know of what I speak. The upgrade was a huge improvement.
The 31 really wasn’t horrible once you got used to it, though we always had problems with them not wanting to engage. I did one training flight in a 35, no idea which version, but it was AWFUL. So easy to get into an oscillation.

The 31 really wasn’t horrible once you got used to it, though we always had problems with them not wanting to engage. I did one training flight in a 35, no idea which version, but it was AWFUL. So easy to get into an oscillation.
I worked at a place where we had a stand to put the entire NLG assembly into next to the airplane with harnesses to connect them so we might try to figure out what sort of evil the steering was subjecting the crew to. Learjets, what are going to do?

Well, if the tire has a chine, what's the harm?

1643221881649.png

I looked up the ADS-B history for the tail. History ✈ XA-SMM - FlightAware

The aircraft made its first flight last Tuesday after 53 days on the ground at Ensenada. :)

They landed on 29 and that white building in the background at the end of the video is due north of the departure end of the runway (the road at the end of the runway points at it). Still can't quite figure out where the jet was; but they appear to have gone past the end in a westerly direction and were swinging wide to line up back with 11. Maybe?

1643309385442.png

Back