LCA on Resume/Application Question

SquatThrust

Back in Feb/March I completed LCA selection and training with my company (pt 121 regional). I'm on the LCA roster, I'm granted access to training department materials/communications, etc, however the COVID situation caused the FAA to cancel the scheduled FAA observation ride three days prior to getting it done due to mounting safety concerns with the virus (this happened back in March). I'm holding short of the finish line waiting for the FAA to return to performing these checks for new LCAs.

Regarding the resumé and job applications, I'm getting mixed advice. I'm not comfortable checking the LCA box on a job app/resume given that I haven't 100% completed all the objectives, to no fault of my own. I am however receiving advice from multiple people that this would be okay to do, on the basis that in the company's eyes, I've been selected, vetted, and trained for the job and I'm on "the list", etc.

So, I pose the scenario here for more feedback from those who may be familiar with hiring/selection boards and how this would be viewed. I'll reiterate again, it is 100% not my objective to mislead or be deceptive. It is 100% my objective to do what is right and acceptable. If this is something that is universally without a doubt seen as "OKAY", well...okay. If not, that's good too.

Thanks.

My opinion: until the Letter of Authority is in your hand, you’re not a LCA. The FAA observation is a pass/fail event, not just a formality. I had to fail an LCA once during the LCA training program because his flying skills were not up to standard. He was selected, was on the list etc etc and was then removed from the list because he failed training.

as stated above...Don't put it on an application or resume because you don't have the LoA in your possession. (the same reason why you wouldn't put an ATP or type rating before you had them) Although I was in the same scenario, was in training for LCA but hadn't had my fed ride yet. I explained it in my cover letter that I had been selected, trained and awaiting my ride.

Hey guys, thinking about putting on my resume I’m a commercial pilot. My checkride is on a indefinite hold, so I haven’t taken the checkride yet but I have done all the training, met the requirements and been signed off, so I’m practically a commercial pilot now. Just not sure if I should mark the box on the application.

It’ll make for a cool story in a interview but you can’t check the box for something you ain’t.

giphy.gif

Just because you don’t check the box does not mean you can’t put all your LCA training in the professional development of your application (assuming we’re talking about airlineapps.com), because you did go through the training. You can simply state that it’s in progress when speaking to completion status.

I’m in the same situation! Are you me?! I decided not to put it on my app. I have actually had a couple interviews since starting the training and I did mention at the interviews that I was recently hired as an LCP but not trained yet. However I didn’t get those jobs so I’m not sure if that helped me or hurt me.

Back