LAS Delays

SeanD

25L is closed for repairs for a few months while they re-do the runway with concrete and its creating a mess at LAS this evening. I have a flight to SNA at 8pm and it looks like it wont get off the ground until 9 or so. The winds are kicking up too.

25L is closed for repairs for a few months while they re-do the runway with concrete and its creating a mess at LAS this evening. I have a flight to SNA at 8pm and it looks like it wont get off the ground until 9 or so. The winds are kicking up too.

see they explained that in the ATC Tower tour. they has planned on using 7L/25R for departures and the 1/19 for arrivals. that way they can use the intersection A8 for departure and still have full use of the three runways with minimal issues.

It sounded great in theory.

see they explained that in the ATC Tower tour. they has planned on using 7L/25R for departures and the 1/19 for arrivals. that way they can use the intersection A8 for departure and still have full use of the three runways with minimal issues.

It sounded great in theory.

Exactly. I dont think they anticipated the winds changing their normal path on a busy Friday. :)

Back