largest plane ive ever seen

Delta77hvy

hey i have a question if anyone knows what type of plane im talking about. i was at jfk today and saw what looked to be an intelligence plane, it was a 747 body, had 6 engines, the wings were connected to the top of the fuselage, the whole underbody of the wings was landing gear and its tail had this large cross-section with winglets at the end, if anyone knows what im talking about, reply

thanks,
mike

[ QUOTE ]
The AN 225 maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

304052.jpg

It looks like what Delta77hvy is describing.

Yup its a AN 225, even though I really hate russian planes, but thats just me
tongue.gif

Yea I think you were describing the An-225. It is a Russian plane, and Is the largest in the world. I'm so jealous you got to see that. We gotta go to JFK again soon!

Well, I saw the AN 225 when I was overseas, and I also fueled the C5 Galaxy, those are two big birds.

hey wm266 thats exactly the bird that took off on 13r today, thanks for everybodys help, and brian why is it that every time we go spotting we see 9 million 757s and airbus a320s but the last 2 times ive been to jfk without u i saw air force one land and now this?

[ QUOTE ]
It is a Russian plane

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not Russian; Antonov Design Bureau is a Ukranian aircraft manufacturer.

[ QUOTE ]
hey wm266 thats exactly the bird that took off on 13r today, thanks for everybodys help, and brian why is it that every time we go spotting we see 9 million 757s and airbus a320s but the last 2 times ive been to jfk without u i saw air force one land and now this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because 757 totally rock thats why you see so many of em.

Back