Laptop - Must Use for FS and/or JetCareers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEP

Does It Really Matter....?
Staff member
Along the lines of this:
http://www.jetcareers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30834

I have the following machine for sale. 3 yrs old with brand new 80GB hd.

Stock photo:

sony-laptops-PCGGRV550-vaio-series.jpg

Actual Photos:

View attachment 1205View attachment 1206View attachment 1207

stats:
The Sony laptops GRV range features: A large 16.1 SXGA (1240x1024) high-resolution LCD display (for your information, you see as much as you'd see on a 17 inch desktop monitor) • The powerful Intel Pentium 4 processor 2.4GHz • 512 MB DDR SDRAM • 30 GB (replaced with a new 80gb:) • Internal and removable CD-RW/DVD combo • Optional external usb floppy disk drive • 1.6-1.8" X 14" X 11.5" • 8.0 lbs (3.63 Kg) with battery only 8.5 lbs (3.85 Kg) with battery (battery is new (1yr) + removable CD-RW/DVD combo. This is the kind of machine that makes desktops redundant. Enough said...

Great Desktop replacement. It could even come loaded with Gleim Commercial Test Prep. ;) I know, if it's so great, why am I getting rid of it?

View attachment 1208

That's why !!

paid 2k 3 yrs ago(well Best Buy did) it was a contract replacement for my hp that crapped out.

Brand new 80gb hd so anywhere in the neighborhood of $500 would be ideal. Shoot, the stickers alone are worth that much. I haven't had any nibbles so who knows. It's collecting dust right now.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/prod...AFEED->PRODUCTS&cm_ite=1 PRODUCT&cm_keycode=4

I don't know crap about computers. JEP, would you look at the above link and see how yours compares to it. I've had this one for about 2 months but I seem to go through laptops about every year. I just go down to best buy and get whatever they have that has a big screen and is cheap. I've had Vaio's but this last one was a Gateway.

This Gateway I have seems to load web pages kinda slow even though I have a pretty good connection. I used to blame it on my wireless setup at home but it's not really any better at Starbucks.

I am by no means a techie myself. The Sony has a bigger screen, a different processor, (pentium vs. AMD). The Sony does not have a DVD RW. It is a CD/RW-DVD player.

This machine is basically a desktop replacement. Large/Fast. It is not good for a typical laptop use. You will have trouble opening it it the coach cabin of an airplane. First Class would be o.k., but coach does not leave much room with the seatbacks.

The only reason I bought it was it the biggest machine I could get when my last pc crapped out. The best buy service contract paid for everything.

Laptop is currently in escrow.......

Once it is shipped/paid for, I will have it deleted form the Trading Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back