Landing KMSP Piper seminole

That was the gear warning horn. When the throttle is brought back far enough it activates a switch in the throttle quadrant and it will activate that horn warning us that the gear is not down.

Nice video..Sometimes, late at night after a few beers, I do still miss the Seminole.

Nice video..Sometimes, late at night after a few beers, I do still miss the Seminole.

Just wait till you have a few hours under your belt in that Dash-6. You're gonna be praying for a seminiole :p

Nice Video! The Nole' is a great airplane

Ive had enough of the seminole. It feels so underpowered. I only have a few more lessons before im done. At 3:01 in the video, it costs me 53 dollars. Stupid landing fees:banghead:

Ive had enough of the seminole. It feels so underpowered. I only have a few more lessons before im done. At 3:01 in the video, it costs me 53 dollars. Stupid landing fees:banghead:
which is why you don't take a GA aircraft to MSP.....

seminole is not underpowered with 2 engines, with 1 it is, but so are more multi's. power to weight ratio is like 10:1, which is up there with most high performance A/C

which is why you don't take a GA aircraft to MSP.....

seminole is not underpowered with 2 engines, with 1 it is, but so are more multi's. power to weight ratio is like 10:1, which is up there with most high performance A/C

I didnt know there was landing fees at any airports. Is it something new they just started doing for GA at large airports? I have flown into Class B airports back home and haven't recieved and bill for a landing fee.

I was saying it feels under powered is because I was expecting so much more from it. I have been in a couple piston twins such as the aerostar, baron, and have also been in a kingair c90 but i know the seminole is not near any of those performance wise. I honestly dont feel or see much of difference performance wise from the arrow to the seminole. I guess we have a higher TAS... Performance can be viewed in different ways from person to person

I didnt know there was landing fees at any airports. Is it something new they just started doing for GA at large airports? I have flown into Class B airports back home and haven't recieved and bill for a landing fee.

I was saying it feels under powered is because I was expecting so much more from it. I have been in a couple piston twins such as the aerostar, baron, and have also been in a kingair c90 but i know the seminole is not near any of those performance wise. I honestly dont feel or see much of difference performance wise from the arrow to the seminole. I guess we have a higher TAS... Performance can be viewed in different ways from person to person

MSP started the landing fee for GA almost a year ago. I flew in there last August, and that was right before they started it.

I love how when the mains touch the tail stops flying and the nose comes slamming down. God that Seminole is a beast!

That just means you weren't doing it right....

Yes the landing was done totally wrong.:sarcasm: We were told to keep our max forward speed so we came in faster than normal. Its pretty easy to hold the nose off but not very practical when you need to exit next taxiway.

Last time I flew into MSP in the Warrior, we got "Cherokee 46, reduce to minimum approach speed." We weren't really expecting that!

Yes the landing was done totally wrong.:sarcasm: We were told to keep our max forward speed so we came in faster than normal. Its pretty easy to hold the nose off but not very practical when you need to exit next taxiway.

No, the landing was fine. But saying in general that the tail stops flying as soon as the mains hit and the nose comes crashing down...as a generalization....means you're doin it wrong. At least from what I remember about the seminole.

you can't compare it to a C90, it isn't even in the same league. the Baron has a similar power to weight ratio, a little better though. you need to try it in the winter, when it is 0F outside, it is very impressive then, the arrow is a dog, you should be outaccelerating an arrow...

No, the landing was fine. But saying in general that the tail stops flying as soon as the mains hit and the nose comes crashing down...as a generalization....means you're doin it wrong. At least from what I remember about the seminole.

If you're on speed on final, all 3 do come down pretty "firmly".

-mini

If you're on speed on final, all 3 do come down pretty "firmly".

-mini
I was watching that video thinking two thing,
a: that bus is hauling ass
b: your close to the ground.

enjoy flying the seminole, you'll miss it,
Signed,
a DC-9 driver.

Back