Landing in Sun Valley

French :confused::confused:

Pure Cessna....My guess an Excel

Well if you clicked on the video and went to the youtube page, it would tell you that its an excel. Pretty good if you honestly guessed that. What gave it way? The sound, the contour of the window, maybe the vent in the window, the black panel

Pretty good if you honestly guessed that. What gave it way? The sound, the contour of the window, maybe the vent in the window, the black panel
I posted my response before I noticed the ytube link. The avionics fan, windshield scoop and windshield heating element gave it away. :D

Ah....this was my backyard too. *sighs longingly* I miss it terribly. It was always so fun flying out of Boise and tooling around in these areas. Though we always had to be careful flying around Sun Valley, the Lears took off like bats out of hell and NEVER look to see who might be crossing their flight path 15-20 miles downrange.

I'd love to be back in that area...the flying around Illinois just doesn't have the same appeal as flying in the foothills and Sawtooths. Not to mention, talk about some exciting times running CAP S&R actuals out of there.

Thanks for the video and the trip down memory lane! :nana2:

Back