Landing gear door from Boeing 767 falls from sky onto street outside Seattle

donnie-darko2.jpg

In Dakar, we have two trucks that follow us to the runway to ensure that no one runs from the perimeter and stows away.

Has anyone ever been successful? I havent heard of a success story yet. "Man, that was coooollllldddd...thanks for the ride fellas, ta ta"

I didnt think so. You would need a moon suit and some O2. I wonder if they assume there will be a door leading to the main cabin they can escape through and just blend in with the passengers.

Probably. But they've been watching too many "Die Hard" movies! ;)

Probably do not understand the concept of -55c and no oxygen for 8 hours.

Probably. But they've been watching too many "Die Hard" movies! ;)

Oh, come on! Havent you seen "Catch Me if You Can?" Everyone KNOWS that there is a secret passageway to the landing gear! You just unscrew the potty and voila!

Haha... "
Orr
reports that sub-zero temperatures and extreme oxygen deprivation would make it nearly impossible for a human to withstand any length of time in a passenger aircraft's wheel well."

No, not "nearly" impossible. Just, impossible.

An hour and a half flight... significantly less than an 8 hour Atlantic crossing.

Still amazing he survived though.

KENT, Wash. — The Federal Aviation Administration confirms that a piece of metal that fell to the ground in a Kent, Wash., neighborhood was part of a Boeing 767's landing gear door.

Sure looks like carbon fiber to me.

Back