Landing fees

Nevermind I figured it out. I guess it costs 53 dollars each time to land the seminole in minneapolis.

MSP like most Major Airports charges a landing fee in order to pay for airport improvement. Thats always been there.

Yeah, was about to say. . .pretty much every primary Class B and some Class C airports charge a landing fee, which usually goes directly to the local governence device that controls the airport and airport funding.

Ouch, I never realized it was that much. Is there no way of having that discounted through the purchase of FBO services, etc?

There really is no way around it. Even if Signature could they wouldnt. MSP of course does not discriminate against aircraft type but really think of it a charge to land at the airport where the big airplanes are. If you got to STP you do not get a landing fee yet the airport is owned by the same commission that owns MSP. Its a fact of life for landing in a Hub airport. I never landed at MSP just because of that when I was a student and flight instructor. I would take that 53 bux and spend on something else.

No charge for landing a 152 at MEM in the middle of the day.

Just a request to keep the speed up for the MD-80 on a 15 mile final.

Some airports don't charge you until you go to the FBO. BWI was like this. As soon as you taxi onto the ramp they write down your tail number. I understand BWI is less busy than MSP but i would be surprised if the fees were different. You could always get a touch and go at MSP and head over to STP. Tower might be like WTF but who cares.

I don't know about you guys but for my school, they will pay for fuel you have to get but not landing fees, and since most places will wave landing fees if you get fuel I get fuel anyways.(I know STP does this). Look into it.

I don't know about you guys but for my school, they will pay for fuel you have to get but not landing fees, and since most places will wave landing fees if you get fuel I get fuel anyways.(I know STP does this). Look into it.

I don't believe Signature waives it

Nevermind I figured it out. I guess it costs 53 dollars each time to land the seminole in minneapolis.

LANDING fees are imposed by the airport and generally are not waived.

RAMP fees are imposed by the FBOs and may be waived for short stops or when fuel is purchased.

LANDING fees are imposed by the airport and generally are not waived.

RAMP fees are imposed by the FBOs and may be waived for short stops or when fuel is purchased.

Cutter has been waiving the ramp fees if you buy more than 10 gallons from them. Which is good since they're charging $6.39 a gallon at TKI....

Cutter has been waiving the ramp fees if you buy more than 10 gallons from them. Which is good since they're charging $6.39 a gallon at TKI....

A while back I had to go to Pittsburgh and KPIT was closer to where I needed to go. I checked fuel prices and saw that KPIT was expensive and stopped about 100nm short at some small field, topped off and headed to KPIT. Landed and parked my '46 Swift between a G-V and a BBJ.

Inside they said there was a $50 ramp fee which was waived by buying either 25 gal for single engine or top off. I topped off.. 4-5 gal. :) AND they let me use the crew car.

A while back I had to go to Pittsburgh and KPIT was closer to where I needed to go. I checked fuel prices and saw that KPIT was expensive and stopped about 100nm short at some small field, topped off and headed to KPIT. Landed and parked my '46 Swift between a G-V and a BBJ.

Inside they said there was a $50 ramp fee which was waived by buying either 25 gal for single engine or top off. I topped off.. 4-5 gal. :) AND they let me use the crew car.

Good call. If I hadn't been tired and ready to take a break, I probably would have flown up to a place where it was two bucks cheaper. But I knew Cutter had good ramp guys, snacks, comfy couches, and a Lear crew I wanted to chat with.

Besides. I got reimbursed for the fuel. :)

So we go into this small airport today and drop off our 4 pax. The deal is $50 handling or 100 gal at $6/gal. I opt for the handling fee. In the afternoon, it is hot and the pax will be back so I ask for the GPU so we can cool the bird a bit. $50 fee for the GPU in addition to the handling fee. the lead ramp guy says, "A rip, huh? We're embarrassed when we have to tell people, 'I can do that but it is going to cost you.'"

Back