Landing Fees

jbpilot

Quick question about landing fees. How does it work if you just do touch and go's at an airport which says it has landing fees. Just wondering. Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Quick question about landing fees. How does it work if you just do touch and go's at an airport which says it has landing fees. Just wondering. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Varies from place to place. Most airports require overnight parking fees. Many airports have fees for aircraft over a certain weight or for commercial operations. Some airports charge overnight fees that are waived if fuel is bought (with the city-owned fuel). Many different ways of doing it. But in my experience, landing fees were primarily for aircraft making full-stops.

Let's make sure everyone is talking about the same thing and not getting terms confused....Landing Fees are usually charged by the entity operating the airport(ie the City) and is payed thru the FBO. Things such as parking and ramp fees are usually charged and collected by an FBO. Prking and Ramp fees are usually only for full stop aircraft. If it's a true Landing Fee it will probably be charged wether it's a touch and go or not unless there is a policy exempting touch and goes at that particular airport. I've actually had a controller say this to me while doing touch and goes "Nxxxxx the airport ooperations officer would like to know how you're going to handle the landing fees". I also got a bill thru the mail from an airport for doing a touch and go in the King Air for training - the airort operator looked up the tail number and sent the bill to the company listed on the registration.

Jason

The airports I've been to with landing fees are more of the 'full stop' type airports anyways... places where you wouldn't normally do traffic pattern ops.

Back