Landcare Aviation

scflyin

I believe there are some posts already about this company out there but was wondering if you have to sign a contract with these folks? I've been in contact with them but did not want to ask them that just yet. Anyone recently work for these guys who could give me the low down I would appreciate it.

I believe there are some posts already about this company out there but was wondering if you have to sign a contract with these folks? I've been in contact with them but did not want to ask them that just yet. Anyone recently work for these guys who could give me the low down I would appreciate it.

Off their website...

Our flying season is currently from mid-October through May; pilots must be able to commit to work through the end of the season; there may be opportunity for some to stay longer.

I would assume there is some sort of contract since you have to "commit to work" for a certain amount of time.

I worked for them a year and a half ago. I don't think there's really any contract, just a "gentlemans agreement." I was called up in February and stayed until the middle of May. I only knew of one guy who stayed for the whole season. Most were leaving for regionals or when they hit 135 mins.

They're right up the road from me in Rome.

Anyone know if this is the sort of job you may be able to land with a wet comm ticket?

Not that I'm comm rated; just curious.

Wet Comm is when an examiner ink is still drying up on your new license. I'm pushing 600 and it seems like they are only hire people with less hours.

From my experience it seems that they prefer low time guys. It's not a good thing for them when guys jump ship midseason. This could vary with each company, though.

From my experience it seems that they prefer low time guys. It's not a good thing for them when guys jump ship midseason. This could vary with each company, though.
Let's hope that's not the case. I made it pretty clear that I intended to stay the entire time if hired and that the timing would working really well for a summer job up here.

Last year when I applied with 250 TT, I didn't have enough hrs. This year with almost 600 TT, I may have too much.

Brotha can't catch a break.:banghead:

Let's hope that's not the case. I made it pretty clear that I intended to stay the entire time if hired and that the timing would working really well for a summer job up here.

That's what I was thinking as well...hoping to get on with Grant or Hageland next summer.

Hey by the way, did you notice we both reached 500 posts consecutively? :rawk:

I interviewd last thursday and i have 520/70 and they said they usually hire around 300, i am still waiting for a call back.

interview went well though bob and simon are really good guys and seems like a great company to work for

That's what I was thinking as well...hoping to get on with Grant or Hageland next summer.
Personally I'm going to aim for working for a friend of mine just for the summer then go from there. He's got a 207 and an A36 and a few Navajos. Then we'll see.....

Hey by the way, did you notice we both reached 500 posts consecutively? :rawk:
And I've been around a lot longer than you have, tells you how involved with posting I've been.....

But I have learned a lot.

Back