Laid off...need work.

esa17

We all know the story and as usual, I never thought it would happen to me.

Last Thursday I got the layoff notice, the previous Friday I found out that my wife is pregnant with our first child. My previous job was flying a M.A.L.E. UAV OCONUS but I'm looking to get any job that I can.

Basic qualifications:
ATP multi - 2200TT/230multi. Mostly single pilot stuff so ~2000PIC.
CFII-MEI (Former 141 Asst. Chief)
A&P, IA eligible in December of 2012
Active secret clearance

Any leads would be much appreciated.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Any particular area your looking for work? Lots of stuff around TX if your able to move.

Sent from my iPhone

Right now I'm looking for anything with health insurance. Pride has left the building.

I'd like to get into manned ISR but that's nearly impossible it seems, plus I don't want to risk missing a big part of the pregnancy and possibly the birth.

I'm in the process of applying to every regional that is hiring. It would be spectacular to return to Texas.

Apply to dynamic and L3. I imagine with the clearance they'd look at you. They were both hiring earlier this year.

Apply to dynamic and L3. I imagine with the clearance they'd look at you. They were both hiring earlier this year.
Add Avenge to the ISR list - they were recently hiring for King Air 350 guys in Afghanistan.

Right now I'm looking for anything with health insurance. Pride has left the building.

I'd like to get into manned ISR but that's nearly impossible it seems, plus I don't want to risk missing a big part of the pregnancy and possibly the birth.

I'm in the process of applying to every regional that is hiring. It would be spectacular to return to Texas.

With your time you may be able to do a direct hire into DFW for AMF. DFW is all outstation flying except for couple runs. You would have to be OK with living in west Texas. Possibly in a small town.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

With your time you may be able to do a direct hire into DFW for AMF. DFW is all outstation flying except for couple runs. You would have to be OK with living in west Texas. Possibly in a small town.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
The paycut would be astronomical.

The paycut would be astronomical.
Maurus is correct, I'm looking for options with my primary motivations be health insurance and then location. It really doesn't matter what I do as far as pay because I will be taking at best a 20% paycut. It's more likely that I'm about to take a 60% paycut.

Like I said, pride has left the building.

Maurus is correct, I'm looking for options with my primary motivations be health insurance and then location. It really doesn't matter what I do as far as pay because I will be taking at best a 20% paycut. It's more likely that I'm about to take a 60% paycut.

Like I said, pride has left the building.
I'd read into that low hour opportunity. It takes a few months to get in, but once you do you're sitting pretty. Maybe PM me or check out this thread: http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/uas-operators.116183/page-2

Those who may be able to help as well are:

@jboynm
@LibTech7

What to do in the meantime? Working the harvest in your area can pay very well and it's temporary. Depends on what you want to do with your life. ISR is a career, not a job. You get compensated as such and there is actual training and care into what people do. However, this is aviation, nothing happens overnight.

I'd read into that low hour opportunity. It takes a few months to get in, but once you do you're sitting pretty. Maybe PM me or check out this thread: http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/uas-operators.116183/page-2

Those who may be able to help as well are:

@jboynm
@LibTech7

What to do in the meantime? Working the harvest in your area can pay very well and it's temporary. Depends on what you want to do with your life. ISR is a career, not a job. You get compensated as such and there is actual training and care into what people do. However, this is aviation, nothing happens overnight.
For me, I've been making use of my A&P working on local aircraft. I'm pretty sure I can pay my mortgage but it doesn't provide insurance for the baby.

Back