Lafayette FBO Questions

1B9Pilot

Hi everyone,

I will be applying to Purdue this year but will not be going into their flight program due to the degrees offered and my want for a non-aviation degree. I've read up about Lafayette FBO, does anyone have experience with them and if so is it feasible to go to Purdue and also fly at the FBO while you are there to get your ratings? The closeness of the airport does help too.

Thanks! :D
Mike

I did my commercial last year while taking classes; it's definitely doable and it will probably save you a good deal of money compared to doing the flight program. It usually takes at least 25 minutes to walk down there from the dorms. It's quite an average FBO with there being no competition on the field. I've seen instructor availability vary wildly depending on time of year, but airplane availability is usually fine. They also operate and instruct in the Purdue flight club airplanes, which could also save you some money. Let me know if you have additional questions about Purdue or flying at LAF.

Mike

Just a heads up, the LAF FBO was sold to the university and now operates as Purdue Aviation. The university flight program is still kept seperate from the FBO.

Back