LA PEPC FOL date received

badbudda

Guess I'll start another barrage of comments both complimentary and derogatory. I was told this morning by HR my OKC date is 25 Nov and my FOL is in the mail! I checked the training catalog and the training dates do not seem to have changed. I can't figure out what is going on. All I can tell you is I'm numb. I hope you all receive earlier assigned training dates.

I'm off to the beach to soak some rays and absorb this latest info.

:mad:

Guess I'll start another barrage of comments both complimentary and derogatory. I was told this morning by HR my OKC date is 25 Nov and my FOL is in the mail! I checked the training catalog and the training dates do not seem to have changed. I can't figure out what is going on. All I can tell you is I'm numb. I hope you all receive earlier assigned training dates.

I'm off to the beach to soak some rays and absorb this latest info.

:mad:

Okat sucks and is great at the same time !!! Congrats on the FOL and sorry you have to wait 4 more months for the Academy to start!!! We may all be there with you. Hey look at the bright side at least it's not January. What a long process we have been through. I'll let you know when I hear back.

Terminal. I'm dead serious.

This is like a moving freight train. HR called again and said oops it was an incorrect date. It is now 21 Oct! Maybe as the day progresses I'll eventually wind up in the 28/29 Jul class ;-)

And all, this is legit. This is what has occurred this morning. This forum isn't to ######## applicants. It is to provide info helpful and otherwise. Perhaps I shouldn't post anything but this is my venting outlet. Sorry if it pisses anyone off.

Just a thought as to the delay of going to OKC. I was informed by a worker at the PEPC they try to have at least one other person going to the same facility go through the academy with you. That way you partner up and it makes the experience a bit smoother. I don't know it this is true, just a thought with something I had heard.

Just a thought as to the delay of going to OKC. I was informed by a worker at the PEPC they try to have at least one other person going to the same facility go through the academy with you. That way you partner up and it makes the experience a bit smoother. I don't know it this is true, just a thought with something I had heard.

There could be some merit to this. I have an acquaintance in training right now headed to STL too. He will leave training the end of August.
I think there are a lot of factors in yesterday's news. End of the fiscal year, criticism of FAA handling the ATC crisis, resignations. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if in a month or so we hear conflicting information. Hopefully we'll all receive news our FOL dates are being moved up, not back. Hey, the day is still young :laff:

This is like a moving freight train. HR called again and said oops it was an incorrect date. It is now 21 Oct! Maybe as the day progresses I'll eventually wind up in the 28/29 Jul class ;-)

And all, this is legit. This is what has occurred this morning. This forum isn't to ######## applicants. It is to provide info helpful and otherwise. Perhaps I shouldn't post anything but this is my venting outlet. Sorry if it pisses anyone off.

badbuddah - hang in there.....at least you are seeing some sort of progress...who knows maybe they will keep moving it up..ha ha ha fingers crossed for ya man!!!

Yeah for some reason I see this being one of those circumstances with the FAA where they say your not going till October then call you to go in 5 days.

Ok so I got an email today with some clarifications on some things. I wanted to know if we have preference once Oct hits versus people applying after us (for okc class), and when I could expect to hear anything on the FOL. This is what I received, hope it helps.

You will be ahead of more recent applicants as far as getting a class date. ***** is prepared to send each applicant that attended the LA PEPC a firm offer as soon as we get the new fiscal year class dates for Oct. You will not be issued a Firm Offer Letter until you have been assigned a class date. So for now, things are on hold until we get the new class dates and the okay from Air Traffic to fill them. Your tentative offer still stands and does not expire. We are just at a stand still on filling classes at this point until the end of the fiscal year.

Back