kudos to Delta

sbe

Delta apparently has some sort of 'customer appreciation' thing going on wherein those of us smashed back in coach got complimentary drinks this evening headed to ATL.

thanks, guys! After the day I had at the office up to the point I left for the airport, this customer much much appreciated the glass of wine.
wink.gif

sarah

Doug, when you say thanks at the airport do you really mean it...or is it like an automatic kneejerk reaction when you see a customer. I was in PBI and a passenger complimented the captain on the landing, and he responded with "thanks, yall come back and fly with us again soon." Seemed kinda fake and obviuously rehearsed time and time again....

I think most pilots probably actually mean it, just as I actually mean it when (as a passenger) I make it a point to say thank you to the FA and the pilot saying good-bye at the door. When I went north for the holidays, I made it a point to tell all the airline people I ran in to, "Thanks for working on Christmas Eve." They really appreciated it.

FL270

On a different note, I flew from IAD to ATL on the maddog, and my slc based crew was very nice.....she saw that i was reading my commercial oral exam guide and offered me a free drink.....Had a tasty rum and coke.....and it was the first time that ive been in an airliner with one of those landings that makes you wonder if you are on the ground yet.....definitely delta for my future trips. they even accomodated the exit rows for my 6'6 frame. i never get the exit row.

[ QUOTE ]
On a different note, I flew from IAD to ATL on the maddog, and my slc based crew was very nice

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh...SLC-based mad dog crew? Is there such an animal?

Aloft, I don't think there is. However, it sounds like he was referring to FAs, and they could have been SLC-based even if the pilots were from elsewhere, I suppose. Just a guess on my part.

FL270

I got a free bottle of wine on United, free upgrades on an AA flight, which I was redirected on as I missed the other flight by a day, and on Virgin I got sick!

[ QUOTE ]
....and on Virgin I got sick!

[/ QUOTE ]
There's gotta be a joke there somewhere...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Aloft, I don't think there is. However, it sounds like he was referring to FAs, and they could have been SLC-based even if the pilots were from elsewhere, I suppose. Just a guess on my part.

FL270

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you are right....the fa's were from slc.

[ QUOTE ]
He got sick on a virgin? What??

[/ QUOTE ]

The Olsen Twins??? what? just messin with you Iain
grin.gif

We constantly change cabin crews.

You might have NYC based pilots and LAX based FA's.

I always make it a pont to talk to one of the pilots when i deplane. I'll tell them that the flight was really enjoyable. When I was flew an AA 737-800 out here from LAX, we got some bad weather at MCO. On the ILS almost to the threshold the crew got a wind shear alert and took it around on the missed approach. I talked to Captain and asked if I could check out the cockpit. I asked him if they had gotten an alert and he told me the whole story. I told him thanks for a safe flight and gave him kudos on the missed. He said that he appreciated the comment and thanks. He said that it lets them know that there doing their job.

[ QUOTE ]
We constantly change cabin crews.

You might have NYC based pilots and LAX based FA's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was on an AA B-767 flight from LAX-DFW, the crew was made up of 4 different bases. LAX, ORD, DFW & MIA if I remember correctly.

I too send kudos to Delta. Flew with them last in early Nov. and every flight was enjoyable. I feel that Delta really does appreciate my business.

I usually try to operate as if my father or my wife was in the back of the airplane, sitting in a middle seat and wondering where the heck they were!

Speaking of "where are we" ... on my last several flights (Northwest and Continental mostly) pilots have dispensed with providing any route of flight information. I always like to hear it, and I'm just a little disappointed when they don't say anything at all about where we are.

And I HATE middle seats. Flew CO to IAH this past weekend, got upgraded on the way out (Elite status rocks!), but no first class seats were available on the return. Then, no aisle seats, no window seats AT ALL. Got stuck in a middle seat ... at least it was a bulkhead, but man did that suck.

End of rant ...

FL270

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of "where are we" ... on my last several flights (Northwest and Continental mostly) pilots have dispensed with providing any route of flight information. I always like to hear it, and I'm just a little disappointed when they don't say anything at all about where we are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed that European pilots never do this. I've traveled on Air France and Altialia over the last 2 years, and never once did a pilot make any kind of anouncement on the route. All I got was an anouncement made right before takeoff in Italian/french telling the crew to sit down.

Back