KSDL.....at it again.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
They keep this up, they're going to go the way of KSMO....

I remember neatly 15 years ago in 2003, when the Scottsdale City council expressed a wish to have military aircraft deemed unwelcome at Scottsdale airport. There was an extensive thread on that on this very forum at that time. Looks like homeowners around SDL are at it again. SDL has had a "noise complaint hotline" 1-800 number and email for all these years now. Guess we'll see where this one goes. As for me, I couldn't care less if SDL closes anymore. I used to care, but not anymore.

The old thread (some way old school JC members there):

http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/scottsdale-again.5161/

The new article:

http://www.azfamily.com/story/34994...-noise-from-scottsdale-airport?autostart=true

SCOTTSDALE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -

Some Valley homeowners are making noise to cut down the noise in their community.

They want something done to eliminate all the airplanes flying over their homes.

Mike Cardarelli lives a few miles from the Scottsdale Airport.

He said there's no such thing as a nice, quiet afternoon in his north Phoenix neighborhood.

"It's really, really loud," said Cardarelli. "Sometimes they come in so low that you can see soot on the engines. It's a joke."

The planes Cardarelli is talking about are taking off and landing at the Scottsdale Airport.

Over the years, the City of Scottsdale has received numerous complaints about the plane noise, but as the airport gets busier, more and more people are speaking out.

Homeowner Samm Tyler said she's made countless calls to the City of Scottsdale and FAA asking for help, but nothing has changed.

"There are other places for them to be," said Tyler. "They don't need to cut across these older neighborhoods."

Sarah Ferrara with the Scottsdale Airport said they do their best to work with the community.

"Our role is to proactively work with operators to mitigate noise," said Ferrara. "We are very active in trying to respond to residents concerns."

As part of its noise abatement program, the City encourages operators not to fly past 10 at night or before 6 in the morning, but the request is only voluntary.

Ferrara said it's a public airport; it must remain open 24 hours a day.

Cardarelli is hoping that if enough neighbors make some noise of their own, city leaders will start taking their complaints seriously.

"Nobody is listening," said Cardarelli.

These are the greedy Snottsdale elitist rich people that want to tell everyone else how to live. They dont care about anyone but themselves.

I suspect that some of the higher net worth individuals in the area might squash this, if you were to google Hangar One some of the amenities are pretty astounding. Underground garages for car collections in addition to a shaded ramp and hangar space.

I suspect that some of the higher net worth individuals in the area might squash this, if you were to google Hangar One some of the amenities are pretty astounding. Underground garages for car collections in addition to a shaded ramp and hangar space.

http://belairemechanical.com/wordpress/project/scottsdale-hangar-one/

Interesting read. The project is being spearheaded by a billionaire. Sounds more like his own private playground with hangar space for a few of his rich friends that want to pony up the cash.

http://belairemechanical.com/wordpress/project/scottsdale-hangar-one/

Interesting read. The project is being spearheaded by a billionaire. Sounds more like his own private playground with hangar space for a few of his rich friends that want to pony up the cash.
It's already there, has been for a while. I've heard stories about the elevators for cars, and full time mechanics dedicated to restorations of the cars. Point is there is a pretty strong financial force at KSDL that will probably fight to keep it open, if only for their own benefit. It's a different situation than KSMO.

It's already there, has been for a while. I've heard stories about the elevators for cars, and full time mechanics dedicated to restorations of the cars. Point is there is a pretty strong financial force at KSDL that will probably fight to keep it open, if only for their own benefit. It's a different situation than KSMO.

Depends who you get fighting. At SDL, the money is both on and off the airport, especially in that area of town.

Not really. All this is a symptom of the death of GA. All the light piston aircraft are basically replaced with medium and heavy jets. These generate a lot of noise from the APU use to the departure right over houses. It's one thing to have a 172 running in the early morning. Completely another to have a Global depart in the wee hours of the night after running the APU on the ramp for a few hours. It's the same dynamic as SMO. Eventually the airport will get more and more restrictive. Probably will have noise sensors in the next 5 years or so. Its a losing battle after that.

These are the greedy Snottsdale elitist rich people that want to tell everyone else how to live. They dont care about anyone but themselves.

We don't! :)

"Now look at the wax build up on those shoes. This is fine leather. I want that wax stripped off there, then I want them creamed and buffed with a fine chamois. And I want them now. Chop chop!"

Last edited:

"Now kook at the wax build up on those shoes. This is fine leather. I want that wax stripped off there, then I want them creamed and buffed with a fine chamois. And I want them now. Chop chop!"

Well, the world needs ditch diggers too!

"Now kook at the wax build up on those shoes. This is fine leather. I want that wax stripped off there, then I want them creamed and buffed with a fine chamois. And I want them now. Chop chop!"

You left your hat in the lounge again.

51%2B0Tr8GSfL._SX342_.jpg

Back