KSAT Today

mooneyguy

been around forever
You never know what you will see in KSAT. There are a lot of old war birds around here! Took a short hop to Stinson, and back.

Attachments

• P1010014.jpg
    P1010014.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 116
  • P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 107
  • P1010013.jpg
    P1010013.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 101
  • P1010037.jpg
    P1010037.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 108
  • P1010055.jpg
    P1010055.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 80
awesome pics man!

gotta love those old birds.

The old radials are music to me! I love'em. We had a beech 18 fly over every night for a couple years, until about a year ago. I guess they lost their contract.

I know a guy at KSAT who owns a P51. Man listing to that bird take off is awesome.

The old radials are music to me! I love'em. We had a beech 18 fly over every night for a couple years, until about a year ago. I guess they lost their contract.

I know a guy at KSAT who owns a P51. Man listing to that bird take off is awesome.

We have an old T-6 that flies outta KTKI (my home airport) pretty frequently and I love being at the field when he decides to go out for a flight.

We also have a B-17 that goes around to the local airports about once a month. Lands, taxis back and heads back out to another one of the airports. Its usually on that one perfect saturday we get a month, its amazing.

Another warbird story, about a year ago a guy was trying to sell his P-47 (don't ask me why he was selling it) that was based at TKI and he was having a professional photographer take pictures for him. The guy taking the pictures went up in the tower (we're a small, contracted out delta) so the guy requested the low transition over the field about 6 times and on the last one, he turned real low over and buzzed the tower. I was watching him out on the ramp, near the tower just loving every pass, but once he buzzed the tower like that, I thought my life was complete :rawk::rawk:

/rant

Back