KNUQ approach plates, Moffett Field.

Josh

Anyone have them?

Where can I get a copy. Would be nice to do the approach when flying around this area at night. I've heard rumors that some local examiners like to give it for their IFR checkrides if the plats can be had.

http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/index.php

doesn't have it, so I assume it isn't in the NACO set, and it is not in my Jepp set.

It is a publicly owned, federal field, and you do need permission prior to land. But low approaches are not an issue as long as it isn't in the curfew hours listed on airnav.

Thanks,
Josh

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have them?

Where can I get a copy. Would be nice to do the approach when flying around this area at night. I've heard rumors that some local examiners like to give it for their IFR checkrides if the plats can be had.

so I assume it isn't in the NACO set, and it is not in my Jepp set.

Thanks,
Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

the civil NOS doesn't have it. It's in DOD FLIP pubs for military crews.

Thanks.

So looks like you can't fly it without TACAN? Is that correct?

The ILS and LOCDME require it for the missed it seems.

Josh

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks.

So looks like you can't fly it without TACAN? Is that correct?

The ILS and LOCDME require it for the missed it seems.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

You won't be able to fly the TACAN approach.

Both the ILS and LOC require DME info from the TACAN, as well as the missed procedures.

At best, you could fly the ILS with meeting the "RADAR required" restriction. You'd just need to coordinate for alternate missed/climbout instructions.

Is this how the local examiners were doing this? Better be, because you're pretty limited on what you can do at this field.

Back